Wizz Air is a popular airline these days. It was founded in September 2003 and flies to several European cities. Its main slogan is fantastically low cost and high quality. There’s also a phone number you can call with any questions or feedback!
Are you looking to travel by plane on Wizz Air? Then here’s baggage rules for your plane ride. One trolley bag or hand luggage is allowed and has a size of 40cm x 30 cm x 20 cm and its weight should be no more than 10kg. You can buy an upgraded flight package if you need to bring more than one cabin bag of 55cm x 40cm x 23 cm in weight but it’ll cost extra.
Wizz Air Baggage Allowance
Wizz Air gets passengers to their destination swiftly and efficiently. The Soho-based airline’s fleet has 27 planes that all offer seats for every type of passenger on 26 different routes, with a lot of them offering Wi-Fi and power ports.
Handbag/Carry on Bag
You can carry one handbag free of charge. For your convenience, please scroll down to see the directions included in order to avoid having to deal with any extra charges upon returning the bag.
- Your handbag should weigh no more than 10 kg in order for it to be safe.
- You should measure your suitcase size to ensure that it will be a safe fit on Wizz Air, as well as in any other airline cabin.
- 40 cm width
- 30 cm height
- 20cm length
- You should carry on a small bag. High-end women’s couture pieces have to fit in this limited-space carry-on luggage bag for a comfortable getaway.
You can choose what luggage you would like to carry. If you need something a little larger, or if you haven’t decided on the exact amount of clothes you will be bringing yet, then try one of the other limitations.
You will be asked to pay a fee if your bag exceeds the dimensions listed on the regulations – we want to keep you safe and help you avoid excess fees.
- 10 kg
- 20 kg or
- 32 kg
- 149 cm width
- 119 cm height
- 171 cm length
Everyone likes to stay in the cabin, but sometimes that means bringing one suitcase is challenging – you can get all the way to your destination by purchasing Priority, which might come at a small extra fee.
- The requirement of the shoe must be 10kg, cannot injure your leg and fit underneath the seat.
- Passengers who board a Wizz Air flight directly from Croatia and wish to bring compact luggage with dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm must purchase a Wizz Priority ticket. I am pretty sure that anything larger will be placed on hold at an additional expense to your wallet.
Extra baggage allowance
You can bring up to six bags to the airport but each of these comes with a price. To transport your luggage from home to the airport there is a €11 charge per kilogram.
- Airlines give you a generous allocation of carry-on baggage, with more baggage fees added to each flight.
- We offer combined shipping for clothing passing your travel destination. You can choose to be charged for the items once you have reached your destination or pay 50% now, and then pay the remainder in cash at the airport.
- You can’t save money if you buy your luggage at the airport. It will be more expensive if you choose to put it on the plane.
- Please weigh your luggage before you leave, as there will be additional charges at the airport if your suitcase weighs between 10 kg and 20 kg or 20 kg and 32 kg.
Wizz Air Business Class
You’d have to think about if Wizz Air owns a business class. And the answer is no. Wizz Air does not have an option for business class, so they offer what they call Wizz Priority service. You would have to pay €5 -€40 online and €25 at the airport, if you wanted that level of service. Only priority passengers on the Wizz flight are allowed certain privileges.
Wizz Air baggage details and fee chart
I am going to show you the baggage details and the fees below in two charts.
|Baggage||Max numbers||Max Measurements|
|Trolley Bag||1||Size55 cm x40 cm x23 cmWeight10 KG|
|Checked-in baggage||6||Size149 cm x119 cm x171 cmWeight 10 KG or20 KG or32 KG|
|Hand Baggage||1||Size40 cm x30 cm x20 cmWeight10 KG|
Wizz Air Fee Chart
|Trolley Bag||Free with Wizz Priority|
|Checked-in baggage||10 kg bag- €720 kg – €14-€70 32 kg – €19 –€120|
|Extra baggage||€11.00 per KG|
Children Baggage Allowances
Wizz Air considers children 12 years and older as the age at which they deserve a discounted fare.
- Children under 14 can travel for a lower fare, but the responsibility for minors aged 2 to 14 are both the minor’s and the adult’s. Minors aged 2 to 14 will pay their fare as children, but also have responsibilities similar to adults.
- If people are 14 or older, then they can travel without supervision. Children in their teens have the responsibility of taking care of themselves.
Infant baggage allowances
Infant seats often come with a weight limit of up to 20 pounds. Ford Motor Company produced in 2011 the nearly hundred thousandth factory produced example of the iconic Ford Mustang.
- If a kid is with an adult over age 16, they can visit the museums for free. If they’re under 16, they’ll have to pay the normal admission cost.
- Infants need to stay in their car seat for safety reasons. You will have to purchase a one-way ticket for the infant to get this privilege if you want them to continue the journey.
Prohibited items in Wizz Air
The airline will not get anything you would be able to carry on the plane.
- It is prohibited to use, manufacture, or be in possession of a variety of weapons such as toy guns, imitation firearms and air guns, such as pistols, pellet guns, rifles, ball-bearing guns, bows and arrows.
- Substances, gases, and sprays.
- Razor blades, box cutters, knives.
Can I bring my medication with me?
We recommend that all travelers leave their medications, toothpaste, makeup and other essentials at home to save space in the cabin for everyone.
Can I carry my pets?
You can not bring your pets on board with you but remember to bring your guide dog’s travel documents if you are travelling internationally. The document must meet the requirements of the countries in which you are travelling and may be inspected for validity before boarding.
What happens if my luggage gets damaged?
Make sure you report the damage to your luggage before leaving. When you have a receipt, you can move on to repair costs and be reimbursed if you present this receipt.
What if my luggage gets lost?
If you find that your luggage has been delayed, ask for a Lost Baggage Claim desk agent. They will learn about the best way to help you retrieve your belongings regardless of if its located in our hold room or if it was delivered to another destination.
Is it possible to bring my valuables on board?
Yes, you can bring your valuables.