United Airlines allow minor name changes on validated tickets and even charge to exchange the ticket for a fee. Under United’s name correction policy, minor alterations are allowed to make sure that a customer’s name on the ticket matches exactly as it is on the government-issued photo ID or passport.
United Airlines’ name change is prohibited because they use a ticket itself as evidence of legal ownership. United Airlines’ name change policy means this request would not be subject to it.
United Airlines name correction request is not allowed in place of changing the passenger’s name to a different one. There are certain criteria that must be met in order to change a passenger’s name on a ticket.
- Flights to and from the United States must be operated by the United Airlines.
- United Airlines is not considering codeshare flights by themselves. That means passenger names are not going be able to be changed on a code-share flight that involves two airlines.
- The ticket inventory must start with 016
- Customers may have to pay more when reissuing a name correction to United Airlines.
- Check United Airlines passenger name change policy for how to go about changing your name on a flight if you took advantage of their name change option.
- United Airlines name change policy states that if any changes are made to your flight date, time, fare class, or customer code, your ticket will be automatically refunded.
- United Airlines does not permit any changes to names of ticketed parties on their passenger list at the time of travel provided that the name appearing on the ticket must be exactly identical with a government-issued photo ID.
- When you request United Airlines to change your name on your ticket after it has been purchased, you must have the same date of birth and gender on that ticket.
- However, if you would like to make changes to these items you’ll need United Airlines confirmation that the change is possible.
- In order for any changes to the booking date, tourists have to make contact first with one of our customer service agents.
- United Airlines have the policies to correct any errors they make. You can find out what the policy is for each plane you are flying on by checking in at the front desk before or after your flight.
United Airlines Passenger Name Change
United Airlines changed their name on ticket process, which makes processing informs harder.
|Correction Type||Acceptable Changes|
|1. First/Middle/Last Names
2. Nickname to Legal name
3. Inverted Names Adding Middle name
4. Adding an additional last name
|United Airlines Name change Policy allows for all these alterations provided that the ticketed name must match the government-issued ID/passport. Add to that, the DOB and the gender must remain identical with the government issued ID/passport|
|Adding a legal name under the circumstances of Marriage, Divorce, and Adoption||OSI United Airlines name change waiver code would be applicable|
|United Airlines Add Middle Name||As per United Airlines Name Change policy, middle name correction requires rebooking the correct name in a new reservation|
United Airlines name change request guidelines – would like to talk about the many steps you’ll need to take to get your change done.
- A reference to the above chart ensures that all the changes will be committed under United Airline’s name change policy.
- United Airlines requires that when a name for a passenger has been entered incorrectly on the original domestic ticket, the airline will reissue a new ticket with the correct information.
- On all flights, assume that booking class will be the same on arrival. If travel does not go as planned and booking class changes in flight, the lowest fare class will apply.
- United Airlines passenger security must be re-entered in order to meet their regulations. It is not possible for changes to both a person’s name and date of birth/gender.
- The OSI entry must be added at the time of name correction. To add it to both the new and old PNR, example – OSI UA NAME CORRECTION
Name Change Fee on United Airlines
To request name correction on a United Airlines ticket within 24 hours of purchase, they would charge USD75 as the reservation would be rebooked in the existing or lower class of service available along with the fare difference if any.
United Airlines lets passengers change their flights if they find it more convenient to come later, or want to change to a different route as long as it’s before midnight on the day of the flight.
How to Change Name on United Airlines Ticket?
As per United Airlines name correction policy, a change to the customer’s name that does not meet the above-mentioned criteria will be considered as a name correction and will not be permitted. Once the PNR has been issued, only name corrections will be considered and names can no longer be changed at this time.
- United Airlines must be the validating carrier
- United Airlines, code-share and interline agreement partners conduct all flights. All flights must be operated by United Airlines, code-share and interline agreement partners.
Here are the following instructions that must be followed in order to change one’s name on an airplane -change the passenger’s last name and first initial-
- Change the current booking to remove portions of flights so that the ticket status is not changed.
- Head over to the PNR booking page and select “Book a new route”, so you can select your destination. After doing so, select what fare class you might need for that wallet-friendly journey.
- Complete the voluntary exchange on the ticket or some other form of reissuing a new ticket. If you decide to complete the voluntary exchange, then collect both the United Airlines name change fee and any fare difference at the time of reissue.
United Airlines Change Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Passengers can request an airline name correction via this United Airlines request page as well as by calling the United Airlines name change hotline on ‘name correction phone number’ found on this page. As per United Airlines policy, names must be corrected up to two hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Yes, you’re allowed to change the name on the United Airlines booking. Follow these guidelines for a successful request: Flights must be operated by the United Airlines. In case of code-share or interline agreement flight, United Airlines name correction request would only be possible on the United’s segment only. The ticket inventory must start with 016. Only one reissue is allowed per ticket.
United Airlines name correction policy allows passengers to change the name before tickets are issued, regardless of travel class and fare type. United Airlines name change policy specifies that changes can be made up to two hours prior to departure.
Passengers are allowed to request a United Airlines change up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure for a fee of 200 USD per passenger each way along with the applicable fare difference if any. If the reservation has been made within 24 hours of purchase, a fee of 75 USD would be charged each way along with the applicable fare difference.
United Airlines has a name change policy that states if you notice the mistake within 24 hours of flight purchase, you should cancel the ticket and process the full refund and then re-book again with the correct passenger name. Beyond 24 hours, feel free to contact an agent at their name change phone number in which they will work with you to help come up with options while staying on budget!