Take a look at important information regarding the Turkish Airlines baggage policy. It’s all the details on how to carry your items on board and how to handle lost baggage.
- The checked bag is placed in the custody of Turkish Airlines and is issued with its own Turkish Airlines baggage tag. It’s easy to keep track of your luggage on this journey!
- If their luggage doesn’t have any names, initials, or other personal labeling, Turkish Airlines will be able to track them down if they lost their bags.
- Turkish Airlines will carry your checked bag on the same flight as you have. If this isn’t possible due to excess baggage, your luggage might be carried on an additional flight. Every effort is made to transport the bag properly.
- Turkish Airlines offers a baggage allowance in accordance to ticket type, along with the ticket class you purchase.
- Baggage Fees are completely optional. Carriers offer designated baggage allowance for no charge and passengers that exceed the allowance will be charged irrespective on the country of origin of their luggage.
Unchecked baggage must fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead storage bins. Excess weight and size will not be permitted.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance
Here are the terms and materials that are allowed for Turkish Airlines checked baggage and hand luggage with respect to Turkish Airlines’ policy on baggage.
- Make sure the suitcases you’re carrying can fit underneath the seat. The weight and size of your luggage should match your reservation on Turkish Airlines
- You can check the weight and size of your items in a baggage hold. The cabin baggage at airports is regulated by the Transportation Safety Administration.
- Anything that is not a prohibited liquid must be carried in size less than 100 ml, sealed, and put in a container. It is strongly advised that you carry a container of sizes over 100ml at your destination because they are not allowed onto the plane at that destination.
- To carry essential items on your travels, you need a convenient bag that is just large enough for all of the essentials, like a one-liter ziplock bag.
- There is no excess limit on baby food you can carry onboard, so you will have plenty of food to feed the little ones.
- Passengers with medical devices used by their doctor are allowed to bring them on board.
- You will have to request lighter and matches from the cabin if you want them, they are not provided on board as a weapon.
- We offer complimentary airport transfers to help you take your sports equipment and other items when traveling with us.
- People traveling in groups of 2 or more people will be able to have their stroller with them. The size must be less than or equal to 155 cm.
Please note the dimensions and limits of your baggage are according to the Turkish Airlines baggage policy.
- Turkish Airlines has strict regulation for the type of baggage that can be taken on to their flights. On all flights, regardless of class, Turkish Airlines passengers are allowed no more than a weight allowance of 32 kgs with their carry-on.
- Infants old enough to be carried are entitled to carry one piece of baggage weighing not more than 10 kg on each flight.
- The length and width of your checked baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches or 158 centimeters.
- Transportation employees have strict rules governing the baggage carried on individual flights. The bags are weighed and limited to 5 pounds per passenger for each leg of the journey.
Follow these dimensions and limits to ensure your luggage is handled correctly by the Turkish Airlines baggage handlers.
Passengers can also be allowed to carry one personal item. Here are the items you can bring as personal items onboard –
|Types of Personal Items||Maximum Dimensions|
|A small camera or photo camera||40x30x15 cm|
|Tablet or laptop||40x30x15 cm|
|Lightweight stroller||70×30 cm|
|Full-size stroller||40×40 cm|
|Umbrella (Except pointed ones||90 cm|
Turkish Airlines Extra Baggage Considerations
Turkish Airlines assures the passenger that they will not be burdened with an excess baggage. The company has developed a system to help you know what’s within the limit of your baggage allowance before you buy your tickets and travel.
- Sometimes, Turkish Airlines’ extra baggage fee is offered on domestic flights and international flights. It will likely vary depending on which airline you travel with.
- Turkish Airways has an excess baggage allowance for your suitcase and one piece of luggage. You may be released from checking in a third bag in accordance with the destination.
- The passengers traveling with more than their permitted baggage are levied extra charges which are determined based on the registered baggage policy of their ticket.
- Turkish Airlines charges different rates for extra baggage on code-share and interline agreement flights. The fee can sometimes be as much as $450 USD.
- Because there is an excess baggage charge, you are charged an extra fee for stopsover or any connecting flights. There is no fixed amount when that happens, but the cost varies between 10-180 USD.
- Turkish Airlines charged an extra fee for checking baggage even before the ticket for one last trip was booked.
- Turkish Airlines charges a fee for extra luggage heavier than 32 kilograms for Business Class passengers. If you pack too much, you’ll pay Turkish Airlines an additional baggage fee of 80 Euros per piece.
- Turkish Airlines checked baggage is limited to an excess of 32 kg. If you took more than that than your items would be divided into two pieces, which leads to the price Kurdistan Airlines charges for oversized baggage.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Fees
Here’s a complete overview of Turkish Airlines’ checked baggage fee, which is prescribed in Turkish Airlines’ baggage policy.
|Region||Bag 1||Bag 2||Bag 3||Bag 4||Bag 5|
|Domestic flight within Turkey||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Europe||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|Middle East (Except Dubai, and Qatar)||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|Africa||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|The Indian Subcontinent||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Southeast Asia||Free||30 USD||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD|
|USA and Canada||Free||Free||30 USD||40 USD||250 USD|
|Dubai||Free||55 USD||150 USD||200 USD||250 USD|
|Qatar||Free||40 USD||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Caribbean||Free||Free||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|South American region||Free||Free||150 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Transatlantic||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
|Transpacific||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD||Not Allowed|
Turkish Airlines Baggage Limit
We have answers to all the questions you might have about carry-on baggage and checked baggage limit for all international and domestic expeditions.
- Cabin baggage is any piece of baggage that you can carry onboard where the size must be within 8 kg and the maximum dimensions must not exceed 115 cm. Here are the Turkish Airlines luggage limits for carry-on baggage.
|Class of Travel||Quantity||Maximum Weight (kg)||Dimensions (cm)|
|Business||2 pieces||8 kg (each piece)||55 x 40 x 23 cm|
|Economy||1 piece||8 kg||55 x 40 x 23 cm|
|Infant Passenger baggage allowance||1 piece||8 kg||55 x 40 x 23 cm|
- The Turkish Airlines checked baggage allowance may vary with the type of economy, class of service and fare in which you have purchased. For instance, Economy EcoFly allows passengers to have a maximum of 15 kilograms on regular flights, while Economy ExtraFly and PrimeFly allow 25 kilograms and 30 kilograms respectively.
- Turkish Airlines offer a wide selection of checked baggage options when you’re booking your flight online.
|Travel Class||Maximum Pieces||Maximum Weight Per Piece (kg)||Maximum Dimensions Per Piece (L + W + D cm)|
|Business||2||32 kg||158 cm|
|Economy||2||23 kg||158 cm|
|Infant (0 – 2 years old)||1 + 1 collapsible baby carriage / buggy||23 kg||115 cm|
Turkish Airlines Lost Baggage
This post will provide you all the information you need about lost, damaged, delayed or incomplete Turkish Airlines flights.
- Turkish Airlines is the most reliable airline. If you don’t find your luggage after the completion of your flight, contact Amtrak Baggage at 1-800-436-7245 or European damaged baggage contact helpline at ( prefix code 7070).
- When you’re travelling, it is important to track your cargo. Turkish Airlines lost baggage tracker informs customers of their luggage status.
- If you find bags that have been ripped or damaged, contact the Turkish airlines customer service desk for these claims.
- Say you miss your luggage. All passengers that were in Turkey the same or a matching period of time, like co-workers or friends, will be compensated with 20 pounds per missing bag.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
People travelling with infants (up to two years of age) do not have to purchase an extra baggage allowance. In addition, strollers are allowed for infants and must be within 115 cm in size.
As per Turkish Airlines baggage policy, you are not allowed to access or pick your luggage while on a connecting or stopover flight. As per the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, the passenger will receive their luggage at the final destination.
The Turkish Airlines policy concerning guns on board aircraft is that they are not allowed either in the cabin or checked baggage. Firearms must pass through the Department of Aviation Security (DAS), who have the power to approve carrying firearms on the airplane.