What’s one thing customers would like to compromise with, has to be the cancellation rules? While shopping for an airline, plan on making sure they are flexible with modifications and offer a great service. Thomas Cook Airlines is one of few airlines in regards to travel cancellations. Known to have some of the best customer care, Thomas Cook makes canceling trips easy and stress-free.
Get the best prices for your travel destination by booking a flight with Air Berlin. With our help, you can find a route to get there and find affordable tickets on any day of the week.
Thomas Cook Flight Cancellation Policy: Key Highlights
If you are looking to take this airline, be aware that the plans are quite uncertain and the airline is well aware of that. All passengers are given leeway while they are on board the flight, so be sure to check out the cancellation policy given below.
- You can cancel your trip with Thomas Cook within 72 hours after you’ve already booked and paid for it. The tickets must be scheduled at least 2 days before the standard date of departure
- If passengers don’t cancel their flights within the time given, they will have to pay a certain amount for that flight.
- Thomas Cook offers a multitude of booking methods. You must try to work with the company’s source of booking to cancel your ticket.
- Airlines offer discounts for your early purchase if you know you are going to miss a flight. They also allow you to cancel for free before the trip.
- If your friends and family want to fly up to Maine on the same trip, but you need a break from them for a little bit, you can add them on as roomies and drop then off where they need to go. You’ll only pay for their cost of the ticket and not your round trip charter.
- When an airline sells a ticket such as United Airlines, passengers can only cancel the ticket through the airline it was originally purchased from or at the airport if they are unable or unwilling to take another flight.
Thomas Cook Airlines Cancellation Charges
The airline understands that there are limits to every privilege they provide to their customers. If people cannot provide the necessary proof of their ability to handle those limitations, then they have the right to cancel their reservations without penalty.
- Customers must cancel their flight 3 days before their departure date in order to have their name entered on the ticket. Passengers will be charged for the flight up until then, but if it is confirmed that the cancellation has occurred by this point, passengers will have to refund 100% of the trip.
- If passengers cancel their airline tickets within 72 hours of booking, the airline will not deduct from the ticket fare more than $200.
- If passengers notify the airline about plans to cancel their flights within 72 hours before the standard departure time, they can offer an apology and 1000 per cent discount.
- If the client does not show up for their flight, it will be considered a no-show. Meaning, the airline will deduct an entire amount as cancellation charges.
- Passengers who have bought non-refundable tickets will not be allowed to cancel them. The airline charges those who do not show at the scheduled time a cancellation fee on their tickets.
- Thomas Cook Airlines offers a wide range of cancellation policies which depend on several factors. These include when the ticket is canceled and what type of ticket is being cancelled (domestic or international).
- If you would like to know about your cancellation fee, please contact the number on this website.
Various Ways For Thomas Cook Flight Cancellation
To cancel your booking, Thomas Cook offers various methods which range from via a text message to the internet chat. Their cancellations are the best if you need to figure out which
If people had a wish, they would not want to make the cancellations before planning it out. Wish granted! The airline allows you to cancel your tickets at the tap of a screen. We can confirm this because if you’ve booked your ticket online, you can cancel your travel with just one click.
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- The login button is on the extreme right of the homepage. It is easy to login with your registration details.
- You can find a list of the most common destinations touched by the airline. Just select the city you want to go. Once done, add your itinerary. You should then see something similar to what is shown below (The hot spot at left shows where I am)
- Go to the “Care” section and select “Registration.” Then, choose the “Search Terms” button. Enter your itinerary and press “Add Search.”
- Press on the cancellation button and confirm.
- The airline takes all reservations. We apologize if yours is missed and put the cancellation back in motion.
- Cancelling your reservation is easy. Make sure you fill out the form as soon as you cancel your reservation.
- We’re sorry to hear that you’ve made your travel plans with Thomas Cook Airlines. We’ve notified them of the changes and will issue a refund for any money spent.
Cancellation Via A Call
If you do not run high on technology and the internet, don’t be discouraged. The airline has crafted this method exclusively for you. Though the executives are well-behaved and are known for their problem solving skills. Wanting to make the changes in this way? Here’s how you can go about it –
If you are thinking about making the changes in this way, you would have to pay a small administrative fee. The charges are exclusively used as service charges and cannot be categorized into cancellation charges.
Thomas Cook Airlines Refund Policy
Cancellation fees are a standard with airlines. We understand that the fear of having your hard-earned money go to waste after your flight gets cancelled is a big factor in the decision. Airlines have an option for those who decide not to fly, but no one likes how they handle the process. If you want other options while cancelling or getting refunds, go through their refund policy once.
- Thomas Cook Airlines has the unique cancellation policy that says that the passengers can demand a 100 percent refund if they cancel their tickets within 72 hours from booking. If the cancellations are done after that, the airline would deduct some part of the refund.
- Thomas Cook flight cancellation refunds usually take 7 to 14 days. In some cases, passengers see their refund early while other times it gets an additional seven days before getting credited to the credit card used.
- The airline will deduct the relevant refund from the fee of cancellation charges. Passengers will get a refund on the remaining amount, which is received as a fee for canceling flights.
- We have a refund policy that applies to tickets canceled by the concerned customer. You may adjust your payment or cancel it on the website.
- The passengers who would like to cancel their ticket will need to fill out a refund form. If the timing for a cancellation falls into second chance options and the passengers haven’t heard back from the airline as of yet, they can send an email directly to them via the contact us page (provided)
- The refund process is the same as the way people purchased their ticket, meaning if they purchased their ticket with a credit card, then the refund is also made in that very same manner.
- If the tickets paid for with cash or cheques, the airline will reach out to the passengers to help them. It is also important in case of any delays or cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To Thomas Cook Flight Cancellation Policy
Thomas Cook Airlines allows you to change your travel plans without incurring any cost up to 72 hours from the date of purchase.
Thomas Cook Airlines is one of the major airlines, it can cause problems if they’re not met with payed reservations. If they don’t show up, there are two ways for you to get your money back: 1. You can either seek a 100 percent refund or 2. You can fly on the next airline that was organized for you. Thomas Cook Airlines has a policy which states that if the crew does not come to the airport, you can claim up to $500 in expenses for your flight
The airline’s policy on cancellations can be a bit confusing. If people are willing to give up their flight, they can cancel up until 72 hours from the time their tickets were purchased. The cost for cancelling early is 100 per cent of the ticket price. The length of the availability depends on the destination of your flight from our website.
As per Thomas Cook’s flight refund policy, after plane tickets have been cancelled, passengers can claim their money back. The refund usually takes up to seven to fourteen days to be reflected in the account of the passenger. However, the airline will only payout your money on a refundable ticket. To summarize this, if you’re looking for a refundable ticket, make sure it’s not non-refundable.
Thomas Cook Airlines policy says passengers can cancel their tickets online. If you have bought your ticket online, you can cancel it online. Passengers involving any third party, in this case, would need to contact Thomas Cook Airlines for any cancellations. The airline would not allow them to make the cancellations directly via the web.