Thai Airways was established in 1960. In the initial stage, the company merged with Thailand’s domestic carrier, Thai airways company, and Scandinavian airline services. Later Thai airways flourished and are capable of managing the whole responsibility. Flights are extended from Bangkok to 9 different places across Asia. And also the services are started between different continents like Australia, Europe, and North America. In a few years, it has joined with Thai Airways Company and has raised its market up to 1 million baht. It had around 80000 passengers in the first year of its service. In 1960 it started its pooling flights from Bangkok to Hongkong, Calcutta, and Singapore. Even Rome is included in their service and has developed online reservation counters. There are around 3000 employees working at Thai airways. It has incorporated jet planes service enabling the best service to its customers.
There are flights connecting Amsterdam, Paris, and Athens which became very popular because of their affordable prices and best service. The number of passengers traveling through Thai airways increased very rapidly. One of the Boeing at Thai airways is named 777-200 which is having 350 seating arrangements and is very luxurious. This flight has rolls Royce Trent engines. Recently Thai and a few other airlines have joined and made the star alliance group. Thus Thai has flourished a lot in order to gain customer satisfaction.
Thai Airways has also started its international service to Copenhagen also. One of the latest features introduced by the Thai airways is a computer-controlled flight simulator that helps in guiding the pilots. It has the capability of carrying approximately 2000 tons of cargo. One of the special features of Thai airways is that there is no distinction factor-like first class and second class. All the customers are treated in the best way by the flight hostess.
A few features that are incorporated by the Thai airways, especially for holidays are as follows:
- Best quality service at affordable prices
- Huge range of boarding facilities.
The services that are provided to the passengers on the flight are:
- Special drinks
- Variety of dishes
- Special attention is given to infants by the specially trained air hostess
- Disabled people are taken care of so that they feel convenient in all means while traveling.
- The passengers are entertained by telecasting different kinds of movies.
- The lounges on the flights are very comfortable.
There are special offers the regular passengers. Some of them are:
- The passengers can become members and can win many gifts.
- There are offers according to which passengers when traveling a few miles can travel certain miles free of cost.
- Surprise gifts are given by the airways to its customers.