How many different baggage items can be carried-on and in what dimensions should they be? Sun Country Airlines allows every passenger one carry-on item and one personal item. The dimension of the personal item is 17inch x 13inch x 9inch. And the maximum weight of the carry-on bag is 35 pounds; the maximum physical dimension is 24inch x 16inch x 11inch tall.
Sun Country Airlines allows all of its passengers as much luggage as they would like. They also require that the carry-on bag be put under the head. If your bags are too big, you will have to check them due to airport regulations about dimensions.
Sun Country Airlines only allows a personal item on one flight, but prices of the checked and carry-on baggage are all listed. According to Sun Country policies, any personal item must fit flat or in a 12″ x 6″ x 15″ bag or can not exceed a total weight of 50 pounds.
Measurement of personal item:
|Side of the personal item||Maximum size|
- We have articles for personal items that include purses, laptops, and other similar items.
- To help make your trip more affordable, we only charge your card once and you don’t have to pay for anything else during your stay at our hotel.
- The seatbelt should be able to bend around the shape of a personal item.
It is important to know that there are some things that don’t count towards your carry-on allowance, such as a laptop and wheels.
Sun Country airlines allows one carry-on bag. The maximum dimension of the carry-on bag is 24 inch x 16 inch x 11 inches tall, and the maximum weight is 35 pounds. Sun Country Airlines has listed their allowable measurements below so that you can plan ahead when packing for your trip:
Measurement of the carry-on bag:
|Sides and weight of the carry-on bag||Maximum allowed measurement|
- Carry-on baggage fee: Also known as the checked bag fee, it is often a common way to add additional fees to your travel plans which vary depending on when you buy it and are not refundable.
- If the destination is France, the passenger has to pay for their baggage. If the destination is United States, the passenger does not have to pay for their bags.
Carry-on Baggage Fee:
|Destinations||Carry-on baggage fee|
|At the time of booking||up to USD 30|
|Before and at the time of online checking||USD 35|
|At Airport||USD 40|
Rules regarding Carry-on liquids:
The rules regarding carrying liquids as carry-on items are not naturally instructed by Sun Country Airlines. The rule is set by the Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration and followed by Sun Country Airlines.
- The rule on liquids and gels allows passengers in the U.S. to carry small quantities of these items as long as they fit the definition (travel size).
- These containers can hold about three ounces of material or less.
- There must be space inside a quart bag to fit dozens of resealable bags.
No one can be allowed to have more than 1 resealable bag per person, no matter if it’s checked-in or carry-on; airlines will keep an eye on this
Allowed Foods in Carry-On Bag:
|Allowed Food||Necessary instructions/ comments|
|Alcoholic beverages, Gravy||Yes, it is allowed as long as its quantity is less than or equivalent to 3.4 oz/ 100 ml.|
|Baby Food||Yes, it is allowed but in reasonable quantities. Remove these items from carry-on bags while screening to be checked separately.|
|Baby Formula||Yes, it is allowed but in reasonable quantities. Remove these items from carry-on bags while screening as food will get checked separately.|
|Bottled water||Yes, it is allowed as long as its quantity is less than or equivalent to 3.4 oz/ 100 ml.|
|Bread, Cooked Food (Meat, vegetables, seafood)||Solid or dry food such as bread can be transported both in carry-on or checked bags.|
|Candys, Cereals, Cookies, Crackers, Dry fruits, Fresh eggs, Gums||Since these are dry food, they are allowed.|
|Cheese, Chocolate||It is to be mentioned that if the cheese/ chocolate is creamy, it will be allowed as long as the quantity is not more than 3.4 oz/ 100 ml. The quantity is not of concern if the cheese/ chocolate is solid.|
|Live Lobster||It needs to be checked with the airline.|
*Special Instructions for Carrying Fresh meat, seafood, and frozen food:
You can transport seafood, meat, and other perishable products from one place to another because let’s face it, most airlines make exceptions in the case of foods.
- For food that is stored in the freezer or brought with ice packs, when the ice packs are passed through screening they have to be frozen.
- Frozen food will not be permitted on the plane if it is found that the ice has melted and water is near the bottom of the container.
- Perishable items that cannot be frozen need to stay cold while traveling. If they get hot and reek, they are sure to start growing bacteria. Keep them in a dry ice bag as long as you can while squeezing in your canned good.
- The FAA has specific guidelines as to how much dry ice needs to be on board a plane. They also require that you properly package and mark the dry ice so that it won’t interfere with the onboard computers or any other systems.
Sun Country Airlines Carry-On Pet Policy:
- Be careful when looking for flights or have to check your pet. If a pet is not allowed then you will need to take it with you in the checked baggage and pay extra for that service.
- Pets are allowed in the passenger section of our flights within the US but not in other countries please contact us for more information.
- The carrier should have enough room so a pet can easily fit. You should be able to see your pet’s head when they are inside the carrier.
- We offer a large selection of pet carriers. There are several to choose from, ranging in size from 10inch x 8inch x16inch to 18inch x 12inch x 15inch
- Airlines are not allowed to carry more than a certain number of pets. A maximum of 4 pets may be onboard any flight.
- You want to make sure that you have enough space in your bag for your pet.
- Passengers are not allowed to bring more than one companion on the aircraft.
- Our pet fees depend on the departure and arrival location. For a one-way flight, the advance reservation costs USD 75, and the reservation made at check-in can cost up to USD 100
Checked baggage can have a maximum of 62 linear inches. It is the total summation of length, with breadth and height not exceeding 62 inches. The max weight that is allowed without additional charges is 50 pounds.
- Checked bags weighing 51 pounds or above will be allowed with the additional fee as per the weight charge chart provided below.
Extra Baggage Fee
|Weight/ Linear inches of a checked oversized bag||Additional Charges|
|51-60 pounds||+ $20|
|61-99 pounds||+ $60|
|63+ linear inches||+ $100|
|Special Sporting Equipment||+ $100|
- Jamaica and Puerto Rico airports have restrictions on baggage weight. You’ll need to pay attention to the fine print before you take a trip there.
- North Country Airlines will not allow the excessive check-in of baggage weighing 100 pounds or more.
Other things that need to be mentioned:
- We are open 24 hours. We will work with you if you find it easier to call than check bags in and out of our building.
- You should make it easy for the baggage handlers to identify your belongings at a speedier pace, especially after you have rushed to catch your connecting flight.
What will happen if the carry-on item does not fit below the front seat on Sun Country Airlines?
You will have to pay an additional $25-$40 if the item you are transporting cannot fit underneath the seat in front of you. To ensure that there is enough space, the maximum dimension of your carry-on items should be 24 x 16 x 11 inches. This includes wheels and handles.
How do I get an additional checked bag for free of charge on Sun Country?
Sun Country Airlines offers free checked luggage to passengers who are also active U.S. military or Sun Country Airlines Visa Signature Cardholders. The rest of the travellers need to pay for a checked bag as well.
What can a passenger carry in her purse on a Sun Country plane?
Someone traveling through the airport will be required to declare heavy toiletry and cosmetic items, for example liquid-gel substances over 3.4 ounces, dry items such as Mint or gum up to 3.4 ounces, and anything else that may be confiscated by airport officials.