The Spirit Airlines pet policy is something that many people need to know about. It says what you can and cannot bring on the planes. For instance, domesticated animals are allowed as long as they are in the carriers and not in your hands. An added fee is required if the animal wants a boarding and more than one animal needs it.
Spirit Airlines Pet Reservations Guidelines
You can bring your beloved pet with you on your next plane trip!
- Domestic dogs and cats
- Small household birds
Managed birds can be brought aboard aircraft, but any poultry farm bird, a bird of prey, a waterfowl, a game bird, and flightless birds are excluded from hopping on planes with passengers.
There are many things that people should keep in mind when bringing their pet with them on a trip, like carrying the proper paperwork and requirements.
- Animal travel is allowed in the cabin without a health certificate for all airlines that do business with customers who are traveling to or from the US Virgin Islands.
- When traveling to Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and US Virgin Island, travelers must show a rabies vaccination certificate for the plane.
- Domestic dogs, cats, and household birds are permitted to travel on the boat. Only small domestic rabbits are not allowed on the boat.
- Some birds are allowed to travel between the United States Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, but not between cities.
- Under the Spirit Airlines pet policy, snakes and other unusually-sized/shaped animals may get turned away for domestic travel.
- There is a pet kennel per passenger. People are allowed to bring two pets in with them, but only one Kennel per container.
- The domestic carrier must be at least eight (8) weeks old, have full been bottle-fed, and have their shots.
- An animal that does not make a mess, has no poisonous substances, and does not everyone is a flight attendant will not cause any trouble during the flight.
- If your animal causes disturbances like any noises or barks, the airlines would stop your travel for the day. Riders need their animals to be in good health and pain-free to have a safe and pleasant trip.
- Always try to board the plane with your pet in the cabin or, if no one is looking, right before departure where you may be able to get a seat.
- The combined weight of the pet and its carrier must not exceed 18kg or 40 pounds.
Spirit Airlines Pet Carrier Policy
Passengers should consider the international guidelines they need to know before travel. For example, if they want to travel with their pet in the cargo compartment, they should consider these articles. Even more goods and services are also included on these guidelines.
- “Pets in cargo” – Spirit Airlines does not allow for pets to travel on a plane as cargo, under any circumstances.
- If you travel internationally, it is important for you to make sure that your pet can get there. Most airlines will not allow any pets (except in the case of trained or emotional service animals) to travel outside of the United States. You might want to contact the airlines customer service number before your trip so they can check on the rules that apply and what documents you will need before flying out.
- You must present your animal or pet to the security checkpoint before boarding your flight. You can get more information about what is and isn’t allowed by contacting Spirit Airlines on their website.
Spirit Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements
If you are traveling with your pet, it is important to know the dimensions of their container. It is also important to know that some pets weigh more than others.
Spirit Airlines has strict guidelines for traveling with animals. The airline is concerned about the well-being of your pet during travel. Please contact them with any questions further information found on our webpage.
- Some airlines will allow pets in their cabin, but others require that they keep the animal in a container before or after the flight. The pet will be considered one piece of carry-on luggage.
- On most flights, dogs are not allowed to be in the cabin. In this case, a kennel that would allow their head to remain outside is not permitted.
Spirit Airlines Pet Carrier Size
The dimensions of carriers must not exceed an 18x14x9 inch size, and they must fit under the seat. The combined weight of the carrier should not exceed more than 40 pounds or 18kg.
Spirit Airlines Dog Policy
Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy animals are not considered service animals. They do not allow them to travel onboard with the airlines.
Spirit Airlines accommodates you with pet-friendly travel plans. If your pet does not meet the definition of a service dog, they may still be allowed to come on the flight with you.
The requirements include –
- You need to complete the Spirit Airlines pet travel form 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure and get a boarding pass.
- Passengers who are unable to submit the form will be able to fill out their information at the airport counter on their travel day.
- If your carrier is unable to accept your pet as a service animal before departing, you can rebook on the soonest available flight differently, or you can use the Spirit flight change option and switch to the one on which your pet is acceptable.
- For passengers booked on this flight, submit your form here to avoid any disruption. All air travellers must comply with our requirements or risk being denied boarding the flight they are hoping to board.
- Only two dogs are allowed per guest.
- Spirit offers discounts for travelling with more than 2 service dogs. Some conditions apply for pets that are 6 months of age or younger, as well as other requirements.
- More and more airlines are requiring Credible Voice Assurance for their passengers’ dogs. New policies have designated this as a requirement because they’ve found that it positively affects the safety of passengers’, their belongings, and also the airlines’.
- All disruptive or aggressive behaviors are not allowed on planes. Dogs with aggressive or disruptive behaviors may be denied boarding by the airline, have their travel cancelled and be removed from the plane.
- Jumping on other guests
- Having strong odor
- Jumping on other guests
- Having strong odor
Seating Requirements as per Spirit Dog Policy
Service dogs are restricted to avoid problems. The other practical rules that follow serve to help ensure a safe and enjoyable flight for all passengers.
- If you are in the car and have a dog that pulls/pushes up against you, it must be less than two years of age when sitting on your lap.
- If a passenger wants to bring an animal on the bus with them, they must put it in a cage.
- For the safety of the dog, you must avoid sitting in any seat that has an inflatable seat belt.
- Given that the dog is seated on the floor, it can’t expand beyond the passenger’s foot size.
- You can save some money with an airline if you pay a pet fee. We provide the service of animal seating options; it’s in exchange for the fee, since our airlines are dog-friendly.
- Passengers can upgrade their reservation to Big Front seats when they buy their tickets.
- If you’re a guest, it’s always polite to leave your dog at home and not interfere with a home.
Spirit Airlines Emotional Support Animal Policy
Spirit Airlines has accepted psychiatric service animals. Passengers need to submit their pet’s updated medical documents, and an ID tag. This policy also takes care of screening pets before they embark on their journey.
The following documents must be submitted –
- Verified medical health form
- Mental health declaration form
- Passenger’s acknowledgment form
You can download the above-mentioned forms from our website at the Spirit Airlines ESA policy page. You’ll need to fill those out with enough time before your flight arrives. They’ll be checked by airline coordinators who will ensure that you’ve filled them out correctly and in a timely manner. If for some reason you can’t submit these forms on time, you can stop in at our spirit customer service center and talk with them about getting on the Spirit Airlines cancellation feature, which should help get you closer to your travel plans.
How do I add a pet to my Spirit Flight?
Spirit Airlines allows you to bring trained service animals onto their planes, as long as they’ve been properly vaccinated and accompanied by qualified travelers. You can also add pets to your reservation with Spirit Airlines or over the phone.
Pet Reservation Online
All the in-cabin pets must be properly domesticated, and there are plenty of options for all breeds that clear customs. To add a pet to your booking, visit spirit.com, and do the following –
- Download the service animal air transportation form.
- Complete the online form and provide all of the needed information to complete your application.
- By law, there are two pieces of information you need when traveling with a service animal or pet. One form is to document your animal’s medical condition and the other is for claiming it as a service animal.
- Pay the required fee online.
- Submit the forms at – https://customersupport.spirit.com/en-US/create-case/?srva=true
- We will email everyone who applied for a refund at least 96 hours before departure and within 30 minutes after the plane lands.
- Request for a receipt at each of your travels like you might do with a luggage tag to keep your travel records complete.
Pet Reservation Over the Phone
Call the Spirit Airline Phone number then make your reservations online. In order to process your pet’s reservation over the phone, you would be asked to submit certain medical and health declarations and other certifications for pet reservation over the phone and are subject to a fee.
Spirit Airlines Pet Fees
Airport luggage has a fee of up to €20 per bag. It can vary based on how many pieces you have in your possession and whether it’s in addition to the ticket cost. Contact customer service for payment options.
If you have to transfer your pet from one airline to another, it might be very expensive. It will depend on which airline you are using and the promotions that they have on that particular day.
Spirit Airlines has a very different pet fee. It sometimes fluctuates depending on what item is being flown with the animal.
|Service||Region||Fee (in USD)|
|Checked pet for U.S. Military||The United States and Canada, Mexico, Central, and South America and the Caribbean, Europe, United Kingdom||200 per kennel150 to/from Brazil|
|Cargo pet||Not allowed||Not applicable|
|Carry-on pet||The United States and Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean||175 per kennel|
|Service animals||All destinations||300 per kennel|
Spirit Pet Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, because space is limited, reservations for pets must be made at the time of booking or 48 hours before the scheduled departure. Passengers can make a pet reservation via . Pets are only accepted on flights operated and marketed by Spirit Airlines.
The basic rule of the air is that pets are allowed on board if they are carried in a manner which doesn’t risk injury to people or to the safety and comfort of other passengers.
Spirit Airlines has an extensive list of rules. Some of them include what size of animal, sizes that can be brought on board, and pet breeds identified as being allowed.
Any poultry farm birds, birds of prey, pets that are not considered household birds as well as any other animals are restricted to fly with passengers on board. The pet must be at least eight (8) weeks old and fully bottle-fed before boarding a flight.
(Fee) Pet reservations are subject to an additional 150 USD per day per pet carrier
Passengers cannot make reservations for pets on a cargo flight with Spirit Airlines.
Not all international airline carriers allow pets on their planes. There are some exceptions to the rule, though, like Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Traveling with your pets is easy. You can find cheap flights on Spirit Airlines if you plan ahead and request a pet policy.
Some airlines, such as Delta don’t allow more than two pets per guest. We have to meet the requirements set by their thepetpolicy so our customers know the rules before traveling.
One of your pets can ride free in the cabin if it is kept in a safe and light-proof transport kennel that does not exceed the dimensions listed above. You must also remember that your pet will count as one of your carry-on luggage, so make sure you don’t overload yourself with too many bulky items!
Passengers can pay using accepted debit and credit cards. The airlines accept payments by cash, cheques and credit/debit card.
To make things simple, the airline requires a health certification to fly along with mental health declaration from the passenger’s veterinarian for pets.