Can I change the name on my Spirit Airlines ticket? With Spirit Airlines’ policy on name changes, travelers have wondered if they are able to switch passengers or if they accidentally entered a word that was misspelled on their boarding pass.
If your Spirit flight has to change, such as last minute reservations or a name change, then the airlines have the systems in place that will allow you to handle it. Such as by what time you can make those changes and how much they’ll cost. Let’s understand some of the important highlights now.
- If a customer gets Spirit’s name wrong on their booking, up to three characters may be changed before the passenger travels. Full names with the changed three characters shall not appear to be separate three characters each for first name, middle name, and last name
- Customers who request a name change are unable to incur any cost due to registering a legal name change.
- As the changes played on, it became clear there would be no personal information about the passenger that would not be covered under their name change policy.
- We will provide the passenger with a supplemental document. The passenger is required to show this document, which includes the name, address on it and other contact information. For all other information to the name changes including date of birth, contact information, gender, and passport information, the passengers should show their Essential Movement Document (UM1), which includes passport copy and Applicant’s identity card copy or Passport Intent to apply for a new Identity Card if none of them are available.
- The ID name as they appear on the card is recommended. This will ensure your social security number or birthdate is included in your name and also helps to avoid identity theft.
- In case any customer flying multiple flights with Spirit Airlines has to change their name, they are only able to make that change after they have completed the separations procedures on their new flights.
Rules to Change Name on Spirit Airlines Ticket
We will highlight the changes made to Spirit Airlines’s name change policy in a few sentences.
- As per Spirit name changes, the airlines offer a risk-free cancellation period where passengers can change or correct their names within 24 hours. No Spirit Airlines fee would apply.
- When Spirit Airlines is operating a flight, the name of the flight changes to Spirit Airlines as well as you will receive a code in your email such as flight 095.
- When you make your reservation, if the name changes you’ll be asked to provide identification to confirm who’s actually making the change.
Spirit Airlines Name Change Fee
There is a fee of $25 per name change. The fee can be found on our website or in the fare rules for Spirit Airlines.
|Fare Conditions||Spirit Name Change Fee|
|Spirit Name change fee if you booked with the Spirit Airlines||225 USD|
|Rebooking fee once the Spirit Airlines name change request is completed||250 USD|
|Spirit Airlines name correction up to 3 letters||225 USD|
|Spirit Airlines name correction request for flight segment from different airlines in the booking||225 USD|
|Spirit Airlines name correction that requires special approval from the airlines||175 USD|
|Spirit Airlines changing the ownership of the ticket||200 USD|
|Spirit Airlines name change in a genuine case of typo errors||150 USD|
|Spirit Airlines name change requests for Europe bound flights||250 USD|
How to Change the Name on a Spirit Airlines Ticket?
Passengers can change their Spirit Airlines reservation names online or by phone. Let’s go over the process of name changes with two methods – online and on the phone.
Change a Spirit Airlines ticket online – It is easy to request that you are given a different name on your ticket. Almost all Spirit Airlines tickets will have this option, as they use Sabre reservations software.
- Visit spirit.com, and navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section so you know how to book a retreat or find another retreat for yourself!
- Take the first six digits of your travel information and enter them along with the passenger’s last name. On the next screen, click ‘Confirm’ to retrieve the booking.
- Click on the ‘Change’ button which will be visible near the top-left corner of your screen to enter or alter a passenger name.
- Enter the correct name.
- Spirit Airlines lets you price ahead for future flights and make changes up to three months before departure.
- To ensure it’s the same as your government-issued photo ID, change the last word to “official”
- Get the correct name on your Spirit Airlines ticket when you change it. Complete the change of ticket form and the fee is waived.
- We will give passengers their confirmation names so they can keep track of reservations and get to-from information on travel confirmations.
Spirit Airlines isn’t the only airline that can change your name over the phone. With certain restrictions, you can avoid a penalty by changing your name with Spirit Airlines on the phone before your flight.
- Calling the flight executive at Spirit Airlines, if you are an unfortunate passenger who has been passed on several times while asking for a change of name, try calling Spirit Airlines customer service to ask for a name change assistance.
- Address the Spirit Airlines name change issue respectfully.
- Ask the airline if their fare rules allow a name change once the booking has been made.
- If your name or address changes after booking, then the agent will ask for official documentation to validate the new information.
- Spirit Airlines will only allow the change of your name if it matches with what is on your government-issued photo ID.
- Have your documents submitted within 120 days and pay the required Spirit Airlines name correction fee to proceed.
- Spirit Airlines alerts passengers who want to change their name. People will automatically receive their new reservation, boarding passes, and tickets.
Spirit Airlines Name Correction Policy
To change flight tickets with Spirit Airlines, it is strictly prohibited to create any speculative booking that you are thinking Spirit Airlines might accept and then have a name change. When this is done, it is considered an abusive practice by Spirit Airlines that creates an abusive practice with no losses of spaces. Find the highlights here:
- In general, Spirit Airlines change your name would not be entertained on an existing PNR. If you are ticketed, the PNR would need to be canceled if Spirit Airlines will not allow for the new reservation and only allowing a new one that may or may not take away from sales.
- Spirit Airlines allows you to easily change your ticket destination if there was an error. Passengers can do that by contacting Spirit Airlines customer support shortly after a purchase.
- Spirit Airlines, who shall be understood as the correction of last name, first name, or middle name because of any spelling mistake or missing part of the last name
- Asking to change a reservation under Spirit Airlines’ name is an alteration of passengers’ last name, middle name, first name, or any/all combinations of them. On Spirit Airlines change ticket, you can only do this if the passenger legally reverted the card issued when booking the flight.
- After looking up the customer’s name, we need to change the request. The customer’s name appears as part of the total count of
- We only allow 3 characters for travel information. Additional data beyond that count will not be included and the traveler won’t be treated as confirmed.
- If you change your last name on your Spirit Airlines ticket, you can use this official travel certificate to request an airline change of name.
- Infants and families need to travel more happily. When necessary, Spirit Airlines liaison with the handling of ticket changes for infants who booked flights exclusively on Spirit Airline’s flights.
- If a flight booking was created from a frequent flyer club, Spirit Airlines reserves the right to change their name. This is restricted at all times.
- Spirit Airlines does not permit flight changes if you have already boarded a plane or if your name has already been entered into the system.
Spirit Name Change Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, as per Spirit Airlines name change policy, passengers can correct up to three letters on the first name, middle name, or last name. The combination of three letters shall not be misunderstood as separate three letters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
Spirit Airlines passengers can make changes to their reservation online or by phone. They’re able to change up to three characters on the rescheduling website, but for all major requests, they phone support.
Residents can change their name for free as long as they have an official legal name change, a travel itinerary, ID and proof of billing statement.To change the passengers name on record, please contact our Spirit Airlines guest services line.
Before you travel on Spirit Airlines, ensure your name is the one on your photo ID. Don’t forget to check with Spirit Airlines executives if you need to change the whole name in their records.
Spirit Airlines lets you change the name on your Spirit Airlines ticket by changing them on the Spirit Airlines website.
- Check out the place you want to book, find your accommodation and see which days are open.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference along with last name to retrieve the booking. Click pass the ‘Confirm’ button to confirm your booking.
- You can change the name of your passenger to anything you’d like. What would you like to call them?
- Enter the correct name.
- Change the name on your airline ticket. The Spirit airlines online form makes this easy to complete. Once completed, you will receive confirmation and an updated boarding pass.
Spirit Airlines allows passengers to change their first name and middle name up to three characters by the airlines, but they are not allowed to be combined with the last name into 3 letters.
Calling Spirit Airline’s licensed, heavily monitored phone line is the best way to inquire about misspelled fares
No, a middle name is not required to be on your government-issued photo ID unless they ask you to include one.
Yes, Spirit Airlines change name reservation requests shall be understood as an alteration of a passenger’s last name, middle name, first name, or any/all combination(s) of them. In the case of tickets issued properly and legally, Spirit Airlines change ticket names is limited to cases where people legally changed their name.