Ryanair allows passengers to correct and change the names of tickets due to a misspelling, something entered by accident, or if they want to travel with a different name. The policy works through certain guidelines so travelers can know what they need to do in order to apply for changes like changing their address and personal details.
What is Ryanair Name Change Policy?
The policy in the Ireland-based airline includes rules. It guides individuals to make several changes mainly to your name on your ticket. As per that policy, you need to make sure that the information for your trip is exactly the same as it is on your passport or government-issued photo ID.
There are other terms and conditions that would be different than just requesting the name change including…
- Requests to change the name on Ryanair can only be performed on flights operated and marketed by the airline.
- The airlines don’t accept any name correction or change request on the partner airlines or any codeshare or interline agreement partners.
- You can apply for a name change within 7 days of your scheduled departure. However, the difference in fare will end up costing you more, and anything changed within 1 or 2 weeks of departure will cost $75 per person.
- If someone books a route during sales, and then cancels the trip before it takes place, they may have their ticket reissued with a similar or higher class of service as originally booked, subject to availability. The customer must only pay an additional fare difference if the new fare is more expensive than the original one.
Ryanair Gift Voucher Name Change
Name changes and corrections are not permitted on the promotional fares, future travel credit, or any ticket booked with electronic gift vouchers. If you have already taken your outbound flight and wish to change the name of all passengers in a booking, you may contact us under our legal clauses and considerations
Seat Selection After Ryanair Name Change
After a namechange request is made, passengers should select their seats again as well as check-in for the flight. If the purchased seats are not available, passengers will get the option to select new seats themselves. There is no guarantee that passengers will have the same spots as they had previously booked. Assuming they have better seats available at a cheaper price, then those passengers will be liable for those higher prices.
Other Important Rules for Name Change
Ryanair passengers can change their flight booking to the lowest available rate for passengers travelling with a tight departure time without a fee. There are rules which need to be kept in mind before changing a flight reservation and violating the Ryanair policy.
- Ryanair would charge a fee for each passenger for name changes per booking.
- If you try to change your name on your ticket and it doesn’t go through, you can contact the airlines customer service up to two hours before departure.
- Airlines are evaluated on their credit rights. If a passenger is requesting a fare adjustment, the airlines would not be assessed with any fee as it would be considered fair and reasonable to believe that they have made a mistake.
- The airline can only make the name correction once per booking. Consider, they may not let the name go through if there are multiple corrections or if there is one or more passenger who needs to have a correction made – they will take exception solely under their discretion
- If you want to change your name on your booking, it must be done within 24 hours of booking. Ryanair will not refund the difference if the fare of your new flight is less than the original. On the off chance that your new flight is more expensive than the original, you can find out how much change there is with our handy calculator.
- If there is a change in reservations, flights should be informed and changes should also be made to your personal travel itinerary.
- Once you know what airline you’re flying with, it’s easily possible to change the name of your booking up to 4 hours before departure.
Ryanair Name Change Fee
Passengers must pay a non-refundable fee per person per booking to change the name on their ticket. The deadline is the day of departure and such fees vary depending on ticket type (airfare, accommodation etc.)
As per Ryanair’s name change policy, passengers booked a flight on the airline’s website have 48 hours to change the minor error of their name spelling on their flight ticket. If this is done, no re-booking fee will be charged. However, if the flight is in a different class of service, it will need to be rebooked.
Within 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure, Ryanair lets passengers who haven’t done anything report their name change to their local airport and be changed on their ticket. Beyond this deadline, it will spell the new name on the ticket at a cost of $200 USD
When it comes to changing your name, there is no need to be afraid. We will take care of the website change, and you can feel comfortable knowing that all our changes are completely safe and secure.
|Ryanair Name Change Fees Time Window||Fee Application (Online) (In USD)||Fee Application (Phone) (In USD)||Fare Difference to be Paid|
|Within 48 hours||None||None||Yes|
|After 48 hours||200||250||Yes|
Types of Name Changes with Ryanair
Ryan Air is a company which allows passengers to change or correct the name for several purposes or reasons. For instance, if you made a booking with a maiden name and now want to change it to your married name. This and more other cases of name changes are covered below in more detail that will give you insight into how much fees would be charged, and how you can make the name change request.
Ryanair changes are subject to terms and conditions associated with its name change policy.
Change Name on Ryanair Gift Voucher
You can only edit or transfer your flight reservation once you have purchased a ticket. When giving the passengers their options for their flights, gift vouchers cannot be changed and must be used by the passenger name printed on their currently purchased tickets.
Maiden/Married Name Change
If the passenger is traveling on their maiden or married name, they can change their name later thus paying an extra 200 USD insurance cost. They will need to submit their old passport as proof of the name change and a receipt for the exchange.
Legal Name Change
Our name-changers allow passengers to modify their booking in the event that a legal name change has taken place or if someone wants to change their name before departure. The name changer fee is also applicable to changing a booking, so always make sure you understand what this service entails when set your travel dates.
Minor Name Change
Ouch! The spelling of your flight can be changed up to 3 characters without any change fee at all if you go through the My Booking section. However, applicable fare differences may apply when using a non-refundable fare type such as a ticket with flexible date or date variant.
Middle Name and Surnames
Airline passengers don’t need to provide a middle name or another last name on their reservation. As long as it appears exactly the same on your government-issued photo ID, airlines don’t charge for name changes. Airline passengers must show proof of identity when requesting a change and may be charged for any extra expenses related to their change.
How to Change Name on Ryanair Flight Ticket?
Passengers have the option of changing, amending or cancelling their flights online. They can find more information about this here. If you’d like to also make a change on your flight by phone, please call us at
Change Name on Ticket Online
To change your name, update it with the airline if possible. Then email or call them to request the name change. For example, if your reservation is under Jerry Doavens, then email or call the airline to update it to JT Doavens
In order to change the passenger name on an airline’s website, you will have to follow these steps.
- Alternatively, visit the “Manage My Risk” section and start the booking process.
- Take the passenger name and enter it in the required field. Select the ‘Change name’ tab and then select the Booking PNR from the drop down menu. Select the surname from the drop down menu.
- Choose the passenger’s name you want to change or correct. Find the required field by entering the new passenger’s name in the search bar.
- When you’ve purchased the ticket you will be asked to pay the name change fee and the difference for changing your flight type in the same class of service.
- We redirect you to the booking page when you have accepted our changes and then we will confirm your new payments.
- Updated itinerary, updated name, and new email address: passengers can rest assured that they will be guided in the most efficient way.
Please note that changed request made online should be accomplished under the guidelines mentioned in Ryanair name change policy.
Change Name on Ticket over the Phone
Sometimes, you are holding a flight booking that does not support the name alterations. Or sometimes it is challenging to navigate online when completing the request. Contact Ryanair customer service by phone to complete any name changes. The process will subject to their fares and penalties if there are any.
Please note that the change made over the phone is accomplished under the guidelines mentioned in Ryanair’s name change policy.
Ryanair Correct Name on Ticket – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can request a name change through the My Booking section. You can change up to three characters on your first name, middle name, or last name. Name changes are available up to 48 hours before flight departure. Any changes with more than three characters can be made over the phone.
Passengers can request the name change or correction online via our website. Enter the booking details, and it will show you which passenger’s details need to be changed and how to update them. Once finished, select “Pay Now” to update your changes.
The airline does not need to make any changes before issuing a ticket. You can travel as your government-issued identification card suggests, with or without an additional last name. You also do not need to mention needing a name change on the booking request; you will only be required to present your identity for those who are flying without changing anything.
Ryanair’s policy on passenger name changes dictates that you can change your name up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure. It is possible for passengers to adjust the spelling of their names up to 3 characters prior to the mail out. This service comes with a fee of 200 USD.
With many airlines crushing their rates recently, it can become more difficult to get the best deal on airfare and find the cheapest time possible. However, Luftverket charges a $20 name change for any refunded flights within 30 days after travel date.
If your name needs to be changed, you can change the name on your booking outside 48 hours of buying it. It is subject to the airline’s changed fee and the fare difference in case there is any.
Yes, according to Ryanair’s name change policy, if a passenger has named on their passport or government-issued photo ID before the date of travel, they are allowed to change the name. Passengers need to pay the name change fee of €200 and need to submit documents justifying the new name. The fare difference may vary.
Ryanair is the only airline that supports the name change in exchange for a nominal fee. All other airlines do not support the name change, but force passengers to cancel a flight in order to get a partial or no refund for their travel plans.