Complete Guidelines About Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
Carry on baggage is available for purchase by anyone traveling with a Qatar Airways ticket. The following information will help you determine the size you can take with you, as well as the airlines’ policy and associated weight allowance.
- You can carry on some of your personal jewelry, other small items and money with you in the carry-on baggage, but larger items must go in your checked bag.
- Qatar Airlines would provide their customers with their own identification tag to carry their luggage in Qatar.
- Qantas has checked bags carried on the same plane as some passengers.
- If, for whatever reason, the airline can’t allow you to take a previously checked bag with you, it will deliver the piece of luggage on another Qatar Airways aircraft if space is available.
- If you’re traveling with Qatar Airways, check the airline’s conditions and bag fees to decide if it’s worth it for you to take your luggage with you.
- Qatar Airways only allows some weight and size allowances of the free baggage allowance, which they may refuse to carry if needed.
- Passengers are encouraged to check their Qatar Airways ticket. There are certain fees that will not have to be paid just because they might forget.
- Qatar Airways makes it easy to check in and let the airline know your baggage needs. You don’t have to head to the airport as soon as you drop off everything you wanted to take on your trip.
Qatar Airways Checked Baggage Allowance
Given that the weight of items you are bringing on Qantas is curbed, you will still be able to purchase a travel route, where the weight concept will apply. It does not matter if the limit for a specific amount of pieces are less than what is allowed in Qatar Airways’s policy;
- Qatar’s baggage allowance is 158cm. Restrictions vary based on what you are traveling with and where you are traveling to (United States, Europe, etc.).
- In regards to the size of a suitcase, the length, width and height aren’t the only measurements that matter.
- You are not allowed to bring more than 32 kilograms of checked luggage on the plane
- Qatar Airways passenger can purchase an excess baggage without a fee, but there is a limit on the amount of luggage that can be brought.
Recently, Qatar Airways has new guidelines for their baggage and passed them by our team to make sure they are followed.
Baggage allowed in Qatar Airways Economy Class
|Economy Classic||Economy Convenience||Economy Comfort|
|Flights to/from all destinations||25kg (55lb)||30kg (66lb)||35kg (77lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)||2 pieces (23kg/50lb each)|
Qatar Airways Business Class Baggage Allowance
|Business Classic||Business Comfort||Business Elite|
|Flights to/from all destinations||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)|
Qatar Airways First Class Baggage Allowance
|Flights to/from all destinations||50kg (110lb)|
|Flights to/from Africa or America||2 pieces (32kg/70lb each)|
Qatar Airways Carry-On Baggage Limit and Allowance
As per Qatar Airways, passengers are allowed to carry their carry-on luggage as well as a personal item during the flight if necessary.
- The allowable weight limit to carry on board is 15 kg, and passengers in First Class and Business Class can bring two pieces of baggage onboard both with a weight limit.
- Economy Class passengers are allowed to carry a cabin bag of 7 kilograms. They are also allowed to have a piece of luggage that weighs up to 7 kilograms with them.
- Qatar Airways carry-on luggage allowance covers laptops and laptop bags. Using these allowances is the best way to avoid any hassle when checking in.
- In order for your luggage to fit in the bag, it must be smaller than 25 x 37 x 50 cm with any of these measurements also taken for handles, pockets, and wheels.
- Passengers are allowed to carry containers of liquid gels and pastes that are less than 100 ml in their cabin bags. Anything larger won’t be allowed.
- One thousand milliliters of liquid have to be carried in a transparent and resealable bag, and should never be larger than five liters.
Please note the dimensions and limits below are in accordance with Qatar Airways baggage policy.
Qatar Airways Baggage Fees
Here is a list of all the baggage fees for Qatar Airways. These are their baggage fees that you will be charged from domestic and international destinations.
|Baggage category||Fee||Max Weight||Max Size (L+W+H)|
|First checked bag||30 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Second checked bag||45 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Third checked bag||150 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
|Fourth(+) checked bag||200 USD||50 Pounds||62 Linear Inches|
Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Policy
Qatar Airways is offering a route with specific fares in mind. These fares are meant to help customers experience Qatar. Here are the most important aspects of their extra baggage policy –
- In accordance with the Qatar Airways policy, the airline does not accept checked bags that are over 6 feet circumference or 1.82 meter circumference.
- Qatar Airways requires its flyers to not exceed 45 kgs with excess baggage on Qatar-operated flights.
- Passengers traveling in business or first class with Qatar Airways can take up to 3 bags weighing up to 32kg each, as well as carry on a smaller bag, for no additional cost.
- If you are booking a flight from Qatar Airways, but also want to fly on a different carrier, be careful that they might have different baggage rules.
- Qatar carries a broad range of ground and shorthaul flights throughout the world, offering passengers affordable access to destinations.
Passengers can save up to 20% with the buy offer on excess baggage. To make the purchase people should go in-person at the airport counter and talk to a different Qatar Airways check-in agent than they saw when they checked in. This will give them 3 hours prior to takeoff to purchase bags but not more than 45 kilograms per person. There is a summary of that information below including this time period and cost –
|From/To||Europe||South/East Asia||Central Asia||Japan,Korea||Australia||Iran||Qatar|
|Europe and USA||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 40||USD 50||USD 25||USD 25|
|South/East Asia||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 45||USD 50||USD 25||USD 25|
|Central Asia||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30||USD 50||USD 50||USD 30||USD 30|
|Japan, Korea||USD 40||USD 45||USD 50||USD 50||USD 70||USD 35||USD 30|
|Australia||USD 50||USD 50||USD 50||USD 70||USD 70||USD 40||USD 40|
|Iran||USD 25||USD 25||USD 30||USD 35||USD 40||USD 15||USD 15|
|Qatar||USD 17||USD 20||USD 21||USD 25||USD 30||USD 14||–|
Qatar Airways Missing Baggage
Some people might experience a delayed suitcase. In the case, the airline won’t be able to find it, passengers’ delayed baggage would be received within 24 hours and can be delivered to your home, office, or hotel.
Qatar Airways makes baggage claims easy. You can let the airline know while you’re in the airport and they’ll dispatch a driver to pick up your luggage, or you can let them know at the airport before leaving.
Qatar Airways Lost Baggage – In case of baggage, the company is required to take care of your lost bag items within 7 days. The airline also helps you find your lost baggage online if they become unable to deliver it in person.
Qatar Airways Baggage Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Qatar Airways’ passengers have four options when it comes to overstaying their luggage: 1) Buy a prepaid baggage online through the website, 2) Get an extra bag online three hours before departure or at the airport counter and pay half-off of the Terminal Handling Fee, 3) Take an additional bag with you and pay a liability fee of 60 USD per excess piece, or 4) Give up the extra baggage.
Yes, Qatar Airways is quite compassionate with their infant baggage policy. Passengers are entitled to carry two pieces of carry-on luggage weighing a maximum of 10 kg on all domestic and Gulf travel routes. Travelers traveling to the USA, Canada, Europe, and South America are entitled to carry one carry-on bag weighing a maximum of 10 kg, and one little extra bag we
Qatar Airways is trying to make it easier to pack as much luggage as the airline allows. Here are some helpful suggestions and do’s & don’ts. One, you can pack items up to 50 kg if you upgrade to Premium Class or Business Class during check-in. Two, please don’t break the rule on baggage allowance. Check your suitcase weight before packing anything else in case it weighs more than 32 kg. Three, any excess baggage is charged at a fixed rate which starts from 43 dollars each way per kilogram of luggage and applies for checked baggage only