Many people travel often for various reasons such as business meetings, family trips, leisure, or other reasons. While flying is highly convenient because of how fast it gets you from one place to another, there are several things you must keep in mind before traveling by air. For one, there’s the weight allowance and what your baggage allowance is.
Qatar Airways allows passengers to bring bags that are allowed on board without charge. We feature a full list of what can be brought and what size it can be as well.
When traveling from the United States to Qatar Airways, can you bring your two bags free of charge?
Airlines offer baggage allowances for different classes of fares. For example Economy, First Class, and Business class have different baggage allowances and these may vary in amount depending on the airline.
Qatar Airways’ baggage allowance guidelines are often overlooked but in this article we are going to have a closer look at them.
Baggage allowances vary for different routes and fares. We also have several routes where the carrying capacity does not apply. There is no limit to the number of pieces you bring on these routes, as long as the weight allowance matches. Make sure you check if there are any other limits before bringing your items on an airplane.
This is where to find more information about the maximum weight and dimensions allowed on your Qatar Airways flight.
- The size of your luggage bag should not exceed 158 cm. If you’re traveling by yourself, Qatar Airways recommends you carry a maximum of 300 cm in size when flying.
- The weight of a baggage allowance should not exceed 70 pounds per piece. It does not matter how many pieces of luggage an individual has, because only the checked bags are limited by this weight limit.
- For excess baggage, you will have to pay extra charges based on how much extra baggage you want to carry. That can be expensive if a lot of your stuff weighs more than bags usually do and are fragile/breakable.
How much luggage can a person bring on an international flight to Qatar?
International flights, such as to and from Africa and the United States of America, are different based on travel fares, like Qatar international flights do. Here are the baggage allowances on Qatar Airways’ flights: especially flights traveling to and from Africa and the US.
- The Economy Classic passengers are allowed to bring two bags that each weigh 50 pounds. The Economy Convenience and the Economy Comfort passengers can also bring two bags that weigh approximately 23 kgs together in total.
- Passengers flying on international flights will be able to carry two pieces of baggage each weighing 70 pounds in total. The same rule applies for passengers flying in Business Classic, Business Comfort and Business Elite classes.
- First Class Elite passengers are allowed to carry up to 50 kilograms, which is approximately 110 pounds in total.
Make sure to follow the standards for ride allowances for your flights. They’re very different and can lead to problems when traveling with Qatar Airways
- The Economy Classic allows one-piece hand baggage that weighs 7kgs, i.e., 15 pounds in total. The Economy Convenience and Economy Comfort can also carry the same amount of weight on their own.
- Business passengers can carry one piece weighing 15 kg, i.e., 33 lbs., in total. Business Comfort and Elite passengers are allowed to carry two pieces of luggage weighing this much.
- The passengers traveling on First Class have a two-piece free hand baggage allowance. The total free hand baggage can weigh up to 15kgs, and no item is allowed the weigh more than 33 lbs.
To check in two bags with Qatar, you must weigh them and provide a picture of your baggage.
You will get a notification if your bag exceeds the restrictions. If you are carrying more than that, you need to pay extra fees and possibly lose your bags as baggage fees. You should always know the regulations because they change!
If you are traveling by air, or have plans to do so, you can purchase more baggage allowance. The discounts offered online, combined with the time and money saved at the airport is how we quickly became such a popular site.
Qatar Airways seems like a good airline. They offer great service and competitive prices with different weights allowed.
Qatar Airways have strict carry-on baggage rules: if any passengers’ bag weigh more than the specified amount allowed, they will not tag their bags. So people must be cautious on how many bags can be brought and also how heavy those bags are in order to not get into trouble.
Don’t forget that Economy Class passengers can only carry a little more than 15 pounds of luggage. And, to make sure you don’t go over your weight limit, make sure the hand baggage you do bring doesn’t weigh more than 10 pounds!
What are the rules for carrying liquids, aerosols and gels in hand baggage on Qatar Airways?
Carry-ons can include items such as handbags, wallets, mobile phones, a coat, a blanket, a walking stick, binoculars, some books for reading and many other affordable items.
We hope that this information provides your next travel with Qatar comfortable while following the baggage allowance guidelines.