First of all, it’s important to mention that each commercial flight has its own Free Baggage Allowance policy so it might not be applicable for any connecting flights if the allowance is less than. Also, Philippine Airlines may ask a passenger to pay Compensation Charges if their allowance is substantially lesser than the allowance of other connecting flights.
What is the maximum total dimension and weight of the carry-on baggage allowed for the domestic Philippine Airlines? You are allowed to have a carry-on with a maximum total dimension less than 22inches x 14 inches x 9 inches and a maximum weight of 7kgs or 15 lbs. Suppose you’re travelling internationally in economy class. In that case, you can carry a maximum of 25kg per person.
Philippine Airlines Carry-On Baggage:
Each passenger is allowed to have one carry-on baggage with a maximum total dimension of 56cm x 36cm x 23cm (22inch x 14inch x 9inch) and a maximum weight of 7kgs or 15 lbs. Passengers can choose to carry a maximum of any two items from the following list:
- 1 small handbag
- 1 blanket or overcoat
- 1 camera/ binoculars
- reading material
- food for baby
- is an artificial device, usually worn below the stomach near or just below but not touching the elbow joint, used to aid physical functions.
Domestic Flights Allowance:
The flights operated by PAL in the Philippines are for locals to use.
Before you book your domestic flight, there are two classes that can range from spending a comfortable amount of time in the air and not stressing out, to feeling completely overwhelmed and being kicked off the airplane.
- Economy class
Note: The economy class can be divided into five subclasses based on the facilities provided. Similarly, the business class has two subclasses. On the basis of this division, there are different weights for the FBA for each class and these weights are mentioned in the table below.
In a domestic flight, economy class is the best option for transporting luggage. The passenger can carry up to 10 kg of luggage or 25 kg if they wish to carry nothing at all.
|Fare Benefit||Free Baggage Allowance|
|Economy Supersaver||No Bags|
Business Class: If you are traveling in business class on a domestic flight, you can carry as many suitcases of an amount equal to 30-35 kg per person.
|Fare Benefit||Free Baggage Allowance|
International Flights Allowance:
- Economy class passengers can carry up to 23kg per piece of baggage and 30kg per piece if departing from the USA or Canada. Passengers travelling from Asian countries not including Korea, but traveling to or from either country in a standalone period, can carry a maximum of 20kg of baggage. If you are travelling only within Korea, you are limited to 25kg per piece of baggage.
|Economy Supersaver||Economy Saver||Economy Value||Economy Flex||Premium Economy|
|Asia||25kg (30kg on/before 31st December 2021)||25kg (30kg on/before 31st December 2021)||25kg (30kg on/before 31st December 2021)||25kg (30kg on/before 31st December 2021)||30kg (35kg on/before 31st December 2021)|
|Korea||20kg (25kg on/before 31st December, 2021)||20kg (25kg on/before 31st December, 2021)||20kg (25kg on/before 31st December, 2021)||20kg (25kg on/before 31st December, 2021)||25kg (30kg on/before 31st December 2021)|
- Business classes are for travelling to/from Asian countries except for Korea. If you’re travelling to/from American or Canadian cities, you can carry a maximum of 32 kg per piece of baggage and up to four pieces at once. If you’re travelling to/from Korean cities, you can carry up to 30-35kg of baggage at a time.
|Route||Business Value||Business Flex|
|Asia||30kg (35kg on/before 31st December 2021)||35kg (40kg on/before 31st December, 2021)|
|Korea||30kg (35kg on/before 31st December 2021)||35kg (40kg on/before 31st December, 2021)|
International Codeshare Flights:
Codeshare flights operate with a partnered airline. Codeshare flights help trade efficiency and traveler satisfaction by offering more options to travelers are able to select from.
The Domestic Economy class fare from Manila (PHCC) Worldwide Airlines to/from Bacolod (BACO) is PHP 434.
- Travellers can bring with them up to 23kg worth of luggage without incurring additional charges when travelling between Bahrain and Tokyo/ Brunei
- Istanbul can order three kilograms of air mattresses and two pounds of baby powder. Kuala Lumpur has the opportunity to purchase six kilograms of cotton balls, four pounds of vinyl flooring and two cases of water filters. Jinjiang is just thirty kilos away from a steeple jack and miter saw according to the price comparator website. A few clicks later, Taipei is only forty kilograms away from acquiring two packs of grand-kids paper towels.
If you’re traveling to/from the Philippines and want to travel with a customized flight plan using Codeshare, we have 20-wide options.
- Bahrain (GF)/ Tokyo (NH) is 32kg.
- Istanbul equals 40kg; Kuala Lumpur is 175kg, Jinjiang is 240kg, Taipei (Chinese) weighs 120kg and Brunei equals 44kg.
Philippine Airlines Extra Baggage Allowance:
The amount of EBA that an individual is charged depends on the kind of service they are travelling.
- With the current high fees, it is not surprising that passengers are often discouraged from travelling to and from Asian countries.
- On the other hand, the airports to and from the Pacific are in Auckland, Sydney, etc., so a departure fee is around USD 24.
- European routes carry more weight if you need to carry a lot of luggage with you. Additional fees drive the cost up by three or four times as much as it is for Asia and Pacific routes.
- A weight limit may be set on the number of pieces allowed to fly and that limit is USD 100 per piece instead of in kilograms.
- Starting at USD 120 by piece, we offer the capability to ship internationally and track orders all the way.
Airlines offer different allowances for carrying baggage in the case of different routes and these allowances do vary depending on what route you’re planning to take.
|Routes||In Excess of Allowed number of piece|
|The Philippines to/from|
|San Francisco/Los Angeles||USD 175|
|Canada (Except Vancouver, Toronto)||USD 225|
|Philippines/ Asia/ Europe to/from USA||USD 175|
|Philippines/ Australia/ Japan/ Korea / Abu Dhabi/ Saudi Arabia to USA excluding Los Angeles/ San Francisco||USD 200|
|Hong Kong||USD 45|
Like other airlines use Excess Baggage Fee, the same implemented by Philippine Airlines; fees such as 20 dollars per extra kg are applicable in this case.
Philippine Airlines Infant’s Baggage:
People must not take larger bags than 62 inches through the size of a regular sized suitcase.
It depends on how much extra space is available. Sometimes a fully collapsible stroller or infant’s carrying basket may be allowed, but sometimes it may depend on how much extra space is available.
If you have an infant, follow standard FBA rules when it comes to bringing them in the store.
PAL Multi-City Baggage:
If the passenger travels to multiple cities using a single PAL ticket, ticketing costs will vary depending on the passenger’s most significant carrier.
If a passenger wants the item to travel the first leg of their journey, the first Marketing Carrier will determine what the freight charges will be. If a passenger has a one-way ticket that starts or ends in the USA or Canada, then only applicable processing is charged to FBA and EBA.
- Passengers may bring portable oxygen concentrators, ventilators, etc. aboard following the provided guidelines/instructions.
- It is important to find out if passengers’ devices are allowed onboard, which can be done through contacting the airline.
How many kilos of baggage do Philippine Airlines allow while travelling to/from the USA?
Philippine Airlines allows for a maximum weight of 23-32 kg per piece. Any baggage that weighs more than 32 kg must be repacked. Otherwise, it won’t be accepted for carriage.
How many bags can I have as carry-on baggage on PAL flights?
You are permitted to have one carry-on suitcase with a maximum length, width and depth of 56 centimeters. The available aircraft cabin is about 3 or 4.7 meters tall, so all bags should be no more than 3 or 4 items big, respectively.
For international flights, what is the maximum luggage size?
Bags can no longer exceed 62 linear inches on international flights. If you have a bag that exceeds this size, it might get checked, and also needs to be paid for more.
Can you bring a laptop to the plane?
Yes, there’s no rules against bringing a personal laptop on board the aircraft. Our flight crews have found that when you place your laptop in the stowed luggage compartment during takeoff and landing, you typically don’t set off any of the plane’s safety alarms.
Are we allowed to bring snacks on a plane?
TSA will allow liquids including food items in your carry-on baggage. But gel-like liquids are not allowed and have to have a volume of 3.4 ounces/100 millilitres or less than that.