If you are thinking about booking passage to Europe, Norwegian Airlines might be one of the best airlines to choose from. It’s important to note that not all airliners have the most stable structures, but they’re still very safe, in spite of being a lot more expensive than most big mainstream carriers.
If you’re curious about the baggage allowance of Norwegian airlines and what you can bring on board, or if there is a stowaway that you might have bought just before your trip started and you want to know if they’re still sitting up top, this is the right place you could get the answers for all your queries.
Hand Carry-on bags
Norwegian airlines have six different types of ticket, each with different benefits for passengers. The LowFare ticket has the least restrictions, but there are other features that only come with its higher price. There is also a LowFare , which has less extra features too. Its Flex fare has extra features such as airport check-in baggage and priority boarding into the plane.
- To minimize issues, a lot of airports are requiring shoppers to pack their bags in an airport shopping bag so that they can travel with it.
- In-flight safety suggests that you pack only important, necessary items like your electrical equipment, electronics and essential medications in your under-seat bag.
- Please pack all the personal items that you will be taking with you on your trip in your checked luggage.
- The minimum allowed weight for stickers is 16 grams, which is how much we use per sticker unless you want to bring a gift bag or board.
The policies which the airline follows for the three different seat types are presented in the table below.
|Number of bags||1 under seat bag only||1 under seat bag 1 overhead bag||1 under seat bag1 overhead bag|
|Weight||The weight limit is 10kg||The bags must have a combined weight of 10 kg||The bags must have a combined weight of 50 kg|
|Dimensions||30 x 20 x 38cm||30 x 20 x 38cm55 x 40 x 23cm||30 x 20 x 38cm55 x 40 x 23cm|
List of other items that you could bring over with you
|Musical instruments||Can be slightly bigger than the carry on standard luggage. The dimensions must not exceed 90 x 35 x 20 cm. If an extra seat is purchased you can take up to 140 x 46 x 30 cm.|
|Car seat or stroller||You can only bring one car seat or stroller with you of the standard sizes.|
|Medical equipment||Although you are not allowed to take any medical equipment, if you have the appropriate certificates and notify the airline authorities, the airline will provide you with the respirator, ventilator, POC or CPAP machine on board.|
|Sporting equipment||If you intend to take sporting instruments with you onboard, you need to purchase permission from the airlines at a rate of 35 EUR (online) 60 EUR (airport). In addition, the total weight must not exceed 23 kg.|
|Bikes||If you are going to take bikes with you purchase the transporting rights at a rate of 35 EUR (online) and 60 EUR (airport). In addition, the maximum rate must not exceed 23 kg.|
Bike transportation guidelines
If you are going to take a bike with you, there are a few things you need to follow. There are some guidelines in place because the bike is not to be ridden without a helmet, etc.
- Bike cases are designed to protect people’s bikes during shipment, with features such as absorbent foam.
- Make sure that all of the bicycle parts, including the handlebars and pedals, are removed. If you want to take any other items, take them off as well.
- Check in with the airlines if you need a hard case to get your device through security, or rent one of them at the airport.
- Bikes like the electric bike cannot be brought onto an aeroplane because of security reasons.
Sporting equipment guidelines
The governmental guidelines on yacht storage differ between the U.S, Europe and Australia. They are different because of the specific laws regarding salt water environments, dangerous materials, and a variety of other reasons.
- Use a lockable hard case for all your equipment to then pack it in.
- Carry identification and documentation while you are doing any activity that involves shooting, kendo, or archery.
- If possible disassemble the parts before packing.
You should know that Lowfare passengers are not allowed to check in baggage. They must pay for it separately if they want to do so. The other two-seat type of passengers are allowed to check in their baggage as long as they make a separate reservation.
|Number of bags||1 bag is allowed only||2 bags are allowed|
|Weight||20 kg||Each bag can be 20 kg. The maximum amount must be 40 kg|
|Dimensions||250 x 79 x 112 cm||250 x 79 x 112 cm for both bags|
Extra Baggage Fees
A Norwegian airline has really strict policies when it comes to baggage weighing over the limit allowed. You cannot carry on a bag that weighs too much even by a few numbers. For example, if your bag weighs 73 kilograms and those nine are in single digits like 74, you need to pay the extra fee.
- Travelers can now purchase an extra carry on that’s available for purchase in the United Kingdom; it costs less than fifty pounds.
- If you are on an international flight, the maximum weight for each carry-on bag on your flight is 70 lbs.
- If your checked baggage exceeds the weight limit, it’s going to cost you 11 pounds per pound. However, if a single bag exceeds the weight limit, it doesn’t count as one of your allowable bags because only 31 total bags are allowed.
With many different policies, there are some items that are considered absolutely restricted to carry with you. The airline authorities do not permit the transportation of these items.
- Sharp objects like knives.
- Chemicals, acids, and fluids like pesticides.
- Unless you have the correct prescription, drugs cannot be sold to consumers.
- Firearms and explosive fire hazard devices.
- Water bottle exceeding 100 ml.
- Electric toys can be carried in your carry on baggage. It just depends on the size of the toy you are travelling with.
- Stunning devices like tasers
- Workmen’s tools.
What is the maximum weight allowed for bags to be checked in?
The limit of weight that’s allowed in one bag is 32 pounds. The limit is set to prevent injury resulting from overweight people trying to check more than one bag at the time.
What to do if you lose any item from your bag?
Losing something in your luggage is incredibly inconvenient and can lead to delayed or missed connections. We recommend contacting Backport if you’ve lost something from your luggage.
What if you find out that your bag is damaged?
You should present your identification documents and the bag with any damage to an airline representative you believe is responsible for the damages.