If a traveler fills out the reservation incorrectly, KLM’s name correction policy helps make the necessary changes with minimal fees. Read on to learn about each component of the KLM name correction or change policy:
- Clients are allowed to make changes to their names until the day of departure. This can be done online or via phone call.
- You must book your flight via the designated KLM channels in order to be eligible for a name change. Other bookings aren’t authorized, so they won’t be able to add changes at designated channels.
- You can change certain personal details at the airport if you want to. However, your name cannot be changed. If you need to transfer ownership over your tickets, that would need to be done at a later date.
- Passengers have the option to change their ticket after the risk-free period for an extra fee, but it has to be for an earlier date.
- It is not possible to change the names of passengers on the same day of departure.
- If you are an aspiring author with a work in progress, or someone who is porting their YouTube or Instagram skills over to writing and need the last minute help of publishing fly the KLM for you!
- If you made the booking through 3rd party agents, you cannot change the name of the passenger on the flights.
- The KLM name change facility is not available on reward tickets. A customer service team responds to all requests for changes. Contacting them through the website or phone number will work as well.
- The passenger who made the booking with the partnered airlines is responsible for making name correction at least 72 hours before departure.
Clauses for KLM Change Name on Ticket
A few airlines offer their service on different levels than others in the industry. If you choose an airline that charges correction costs, you may be asked to provide documents to determine if the flight is above the daily limit.
Change Name on the Ticket Purchased at the Official Website
- Airlines will charge extra to change your ticket after the specified time period (risk-free period) has passed.
- Passengers can change their name within the 30 hours before departure. They can also do so on behalf of someone else by purchasing that person’s tickets that are not yet finalized, if they have them. Tickets cannot be changed within this time period.
- KLM did not implement the name change services for departing passengers on the same day of their departure.
- KLM allows a name change. You can change the first name and family name on paper, but it may still be difficult to re-register your travel documents with the new name.
- Tickets cannot be transferred to other people. If the price paid for a ticket is given to another person, their original flight fare automatically goes up by 30%.
Change Name on Tickets That Are Booked From Third-Party Agents
- The KLM Name Change policy states that passengers who booked their tickets outside of the authorized centers can’t make name change requests on the official portals. They need to contact a third-party agent on their own.
- If a name change is made by the airline, then it must be on top of things. If your request for a KLM name change is not authorized, you will have to make necessary changes with the online application.
Name Change Policy for Flights Operated By Them
- KLM policies hold travelers responsible by issuing them a notification when it is time to make changes at least 30 hours in advance. Users are advised not to change their flight reservations 11 and under the early deadline, because they will be charged a fee and would not receive any customer service in exchange. They should also have the book number start with KL on their tickets if they have pre-purchased their ticket from the official KLM website.
- If you want to enter the festival, buying a ticket is required.
- You should make sure your work is done at least 30 hours in advance.
- With your KLM name change request, should you not produce proof of the requested corrections, then the charges will be waived.
- The booking number should start with KL.
- If you want to change your first, middle, last name, please submit a passport and visa paper as proof.
- Name changes need to be done by the person who made the reservation initially, but with some exceptions.
- KLM offers alternative names for flights on different days. For instance, if somebody is going from Amsterdam to Paris, they have the option of calling the flight ‘Amsterdam to Paris’ which may or may not include a stop in Brussels.
- Passengers flying on reward tickets must let the reservation staff know up front before leaving. They are not permitted to submit the KLM Name Change form on their own because our team needs to process the amendment with their membership, providing an extra level of security all passengers enjoy.
- Passengers travelling with multiple names, who do not wish to change their name when they re-register during their trip, can do so on their profile and still travel with the same names. They simply need to enter the name in a simplified format (first, last or middle initial) or spelled incorrectly.
- It’s possible that the name you entered with an X is missing a space; however, this does not mean that you people must fix it because this is the system format.
- If you are travelling with tickets that have the same name as your passport’s family name, updating to reflect the KLM name change policy will not invalidate your ticket.
- If you buy your ticket from the official website, you will be guaranteed a valid ticket.
- A flight schedule is released at least 30 hours before the first onward departure from the originating airport.
- The costs associated with changes to your KLM name will not be reversed if they are made within the due time.
- The booking number should start with KL.
KLM Name Change Provision for Flights Operated By Partnered Airlines
- You are entitled to change your first, middle, and family names on KLM flights that are operated by partnered airlines. As proof, you must produce your passport and visa paper.
- What this means is that, when you book through an agency, name changes cannot be authorized.
- If customers are traveling on reward tickets, they need to communicate with the customer service before their departure.
- People can be identified based on the names they chose for themselves and transmit them online with ease.
- The famous KLM name change service is only available for flights departing on or after the 13th of December.
- To prepare for the check-in process, make sure your name is spelled correctly before submitting.
- KLM is the airline for destination. Customers can change their travel arrangements free of charge. They should make these changes at least three days before departure.
- If you change the name of your ticket within the allotted time before to flying, then KLM will not charge you the $35.00 name change fee.
- For corrections, always go for the online method, as it saves time and effort.
- Because the KLM name change form requires you to enter your reservation code number, it is important that the first letter of your reservation code starts with that same letter.
KLM Name Change Charges
KLM allows you to re-brand your reservations free of charge for a short amount of time. After that, KLM charges a small percentage of the airline’s fee as name change costs. The cost is determined by your ticket price and how many changes are made, among other things. Check out the instructions below for more information on how much you need to pay in order to make name changes.
- Travellers are not charged for KLM name change fees if the amendment is made at least 30 hours before departure.
- It comes with a risk-free period. After it, you’ll have to pay name change fees if you go through the KLM name correction policy.
- The airline offers a name change on its website. You are also able to get that name change through the airline’s mobile app, customer service line, airport counter, and sales office.
- KLM’s name correction policy allows travelers to make changes before travel, BUT bookings that were made with the partner airlines need to be corrected at least 72 hours before departure.
- You can still change your name on your flight. Some places might charge a small fee, but most information should still be available through the airline’s website.
Key Highlights on the KLM Name Correction Policy
- If you book through the official channels, there are discounts available.
- You must make corrections to the name of your company if you have done so in the allowed amount of time.
- Passengers require permission to change their name(s) on the KLM flight list up to 30 hours before departure time.
- It is important to see a match between the age on your passport and the age of the person you are trying to book.
- You are permitted to change your name or the spelling at any point during your flying process. You can enter the new information on and put in your reservation code, so know that you will be able to fly with a corrected unit after getting cleared to do so.
- There are special charges that have to be paid to change the name of your booking with KLM. This can only be done outside of their offer channels.
- If you need to change an airline’s name, information must be received within their specified period or you will be charged a fee.
KLM Passenger Name Change Methods
You can change your name by different methods provided by KLM. They have outlined the key details about their rules for changing your name through changes made by filling out a document and mailing, or using the help of an authorized staff.
Change or Correct Name Via Official Website
- Browse the official website.
- Tap on the login tab.
- All of your personal information is stored securely, so you can always log into myaccount.
- On the homepage, under Managing Bookings, look for a tab labeled where to check availability.
- Select it.
- Enter reservation code with passenger’s last name.
- This window displays input as it is typed. The input can be reviewed before being tapped on the “continue” tab.
- Find the trip that’s a better fit for you or your travel group.
- Tap on the modify tab.
- Click on the passenger’s name.
- Make all the necessary corrections.
- Attach valid documents as proof.
- Add your name, the date and time that you submitted this response, a quick summary of what happened with the paper, then add an A+ and explain why.
- If you want to change the name on your tickets, make sure you’ve got enough money and contact us.
- Print the corrected ticket for further procedure.
Change or Correct Name Via Customer Service Number
- Dial the customer service number and ask in a language as your preferred language for interaction.
- Choose the name change option from all of the necessary changes that are available
- Get in touch with the officials.
- Gertrude agent will change your name. The Gertrude agent will make sure that you are eligible for a name change …
- Make sure to ask the agent for the name you entered. You can find out if you spelled it correctly or not by asking the agent.
- Help me improve my writing by signing up to improve my sentence structure.
- If you need to change your KLM’s name, make sure you pay the name change charge before checking in your bags again.
- Once you submit your request our agent will help you until your new e-ticket is delivered to your registered ID.
Change or Correct Name Via Airport Counter
- Visit the nearest official counter.
- Reach to the available team.
- Fill the KLM name change form.
- To begin the booking process, you need to mention your booking number, name and date of birth. This information is required to schedule your travel itinerary.
- Fill the form with the appropriate data.
- KLM to Air France changes name form. It’s in your interest to submit the required documents as evidence.
- To help minimize your tax liability, the agent will fill in the corrected data and ask you to pay name change fees(if required).
- Get your new tickets corrected! People can get their old tickets corrected for a fee before the year is over.
Please note: You cannot fill a name change form on the same day of departure as KLM offers its name change service on the day of departure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – KLM Airlines Name Change Policy
Yes, KLM allow passengers to change their names on their tickets. Unfortunately, passengers who purchased their ticket at an unauthorized center will not be able to make name changes online with our official portals. Instead, they will need to contact the third-party agent that sold them the ticket on their own. Many of them may have resold or given away their tickets by this point anyway.
No. You cannot change the name on a KLM ticket. For this, you must have a valid ticket purchased from the official portals and changes should be made at least 30 hours before departure. For the corrections made within the allotted period, you will not need to pay KLM name change charges.
You can fix your KLM flight ticket in several ways. You can change the name at the official website, from your mobile app, from airport counters, or from customer service.
Name your KLM flight on the KLM website. It costs $13 for a standard change and £7 for an expedited change.
- You’re in luck. According to the KLM name change policy, the airline will not charge any fees if you submit your name change request within 30 hours of departure and get approval from our CEO.
- The KLM name-change policy is that the airline will not charge any fees if the change has been requested before departure for KLM airlines or before 72 hours of departure for associated airlines.
- You will need to pay a portion of the ticket fare as a KLM name change charge if you make a request after the risk-free period. You will need to pay full ticket fare as KLM name change charges if the name change request is made on the day of departure.
- When you somehow end up owing money with the airline, you have to pay a fee if you want them to change your last name.
- This means that the KLM name change charge will be incurred if you have to ensure your new name on your ticket. The only way to avoid is to request this before departure.
- Within 30 hours of departure, KLM airlines will not charge you any fees if you make a change in the reservation request outside of the airports. For more information, visit our website for the full details.
- People need to think about naming their pets before the risk-free travel period is over. To get the best deal on international trips, it’s important to change your name early enough in the process.
- You will have to pay full ticket fare as KLM charges name change fees if your name change request is made on the day of departure.