JetBlue is great for flying with luggage! Find all the information you need about checked bags, carry-on bags, excess baggage restrictions from point A to point B, and more. Let’s learn from the important highlights from JetBlue’s baggage policy.
- JetBlue has policies relating to baggage. Unlike other airlines, their policies are more specific about what you can and cannot bring with you.
- JetBlue customers must place their carry-on baggage either in the suitcase bins above or underneath the seat.
- According to JetBlue carry-on baggage rules, the single responsibility of the passenger is to carry any hand luggage they need.
- Passengers who need to carry on their baggage would only be able to do so if the flight was booked through JetBlue.
- Customers must pack their bags properly to make sure they are on the correct flight. They should label their bags with a name, an address, a booking number, and contact information.
- You won’t be able to take your luggage on as carry-on if it’s not in compliance with JetBlue’s dimensions and their baggage limit, found on their website.
- If passengers request changes in flight date, time, or destination, they may be required to forfeit baggage claim fees and possible other fees as well.
- If passengers want to refund their baggage fee, they can request a refund by calling Customer Care or submitting a ticket for service cancellation.
- If you purchased your ticket with JetBlue’s baggage fee waiver promotion, under no circumstances will the restriction be applied to your travel.
JetBlue Baggage Allowance
Like most airlines, JetBlue has recently made changes to their carry-on policy. Please review all requirements carefully before you travel
- Fare prices include one personal item such as a small purse, backpack, laptop bag, long coat, umbrella, or approved pet carrier that fits under the seat.
- JetBlue’s dimension requirements for the personal item are 43 x 33 x 20 cm including its pockets, straps, and wheels.
- With the exception of JetBlue’s Basic fares, all passengers on those flights are allowed to carry one piece of luggage.
- Make sure that your carry-on bag fits within the size requirements. Make sure that the bag doesn’t weigh over 7 kg and is less than 55 x 35 x 22 cm.
- After February 25, 2021, JetBlue fares do not include carry-ons. However, JetBlue introduces an exception to this rule for members of the Mosaic program and military baggage flyers. Travelers purchasing Basic fares using Even More Space get an exception to this rule as well.
- Mosaic members
- JetBlue military baggage flyers
- Unaccompanied minors
- People traveling with Jet Blue can purchase a basic fare ticket with extra leg room, better than others who are only purchasing the Standard fare.
- People who add a pet to their JetBlue Basic fare booking will be allowed to bring a personal item such as a fence, carrier, or kennel with them on the plane.
- Passengers who are flying on the Basic fare and using carry-on bag will be assessed a JetBlue check-in baggage fee of $65 USD.
- Mosaic members
- JetBlue military baggage flyers
- Unaccompanied minors
- If a person is interested in booking a JetBlue Basic fare with Even More Space seating, they should contact JetBlue.
As per JetBlue check-in baggage policy,
- The airline only allows passengers to check up to 2 pieces of luggage when they have completed their booking and if they need to board the plane
- The baggage fees for JetBlue are now gone. Passengers can save up to 20% by paying in advance on the website or with the mobile booking app.
- JetBlue passengers should know their baggage limit. They should pack within the requirements in case they’re traveling with any luggage at all or if they need to purchase extra bags for their luggage.
JetBlue Baggage Fees
If you want to fly with more than one carry-on bag and one checked piece of baggage on a JetBlue flight, make sure you check in your bags before the 24 hour deadline.
JetBlue luggage prices are lower. Save up to 5 USD on canceled items and save time by adding baggage in advance.
JetBlue provides an overview of their baggage policies on their website. The policy clearly states that baggage charges are only eligible for refunds if flights are canceled prior to departure, Here’s how to claim a refund at the airport.
|Fare Type||1st Bag||2nd Bag|
|Blue Basic||35 USD||45 USD|
|Blue||35 USD||45 USD|
|Blue Plus||Included||45 USD|
|Blue Extra||35 USD||45 USD|
|Mint||Included (up to 70 pounds or 32 kg)||Included (up to 70 pounds or 32 kg)|
|Mosaic||Included (up to 50 pounds or 23 kg)||Included (up to 50 pounds or 23 kg)|
|JetBlue Plus Cardmember||Included (up to 50 pounds or 23 kg)||45 USD|
JetBlue Excess Baggage Policy
Airlines like JetBlue frequently assign safe weight limits for their travelers’ checked baggage. If you calculate how many pounds people can carry, you definitely need to check some of the information on the airline policies.
- Each piece of JetBlue checked-in baggage, which is not over 62 linear inches and 50 pounds in weight, will be accepted for a fee of $150 USD.
- With a weight limit at 62 linear inches, customers can find out how much their baggage will cost. A JetBlue fee of 150 USD for one-way should be acceptable.
- A bag that fits under the 50 lb or 23 kg threshold, but weighs more than 100 pounds or 45 kg will be accepted as a checked bag for a JetBlue overweight baggage fee of 150 USD per item one-way.
- The following Baggage Restriction dates apply to excess, overweight, or oversize baggage on JetBlue flights to and from certain travel routes.
- JetBlue’s baggage policy prohibits travel with excess baggage of 80 linear inches and any weight exceeding 100 pounds or 45 kg.
JetBlue Lost Baggage Overview
If your check-in baggage is lost, delayed, or damaged, JetBlue does not cover any costs beyond the amount of available luggage. JetBlue reserves the right to prove that severing and reissuing a new baggage claim ticket is feasible at all times.
- Passenger must contact the JetBlue lost baggage claim department or escalate their issue within four hours after their arrival at the airport.
- Passenger must submit JetBlue’s baggage claim form, or delayed bag report not later than the 21 days after the occurrence of the event giving rise to the JetBlue’s failed baggage claim.
- Passengers must submit a report if they believe their bags are missing after 30 days of travelling.
JetBlue Baggage Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Checked baggage is an increasingly popular perk of some travel plans, but it can get costly if you’re on a budget. Dosciento offers up a few tips for travelers to save on checked baggage rates and still have plenty of room in your luggage: Dosciento regularly publishes pricing for when two checked bags are included with your travel plans (JetBlue Plus fare), and their search tool lets you find the cheapest offer for checked bags at any airline.
If you notice two hours before the scheduled departure, then you are entitled to a refund for JetBlue baggage fees. You do not get your money back on completed flights, but passengers still have 24 hours to check out and avoid any baggage fee from a previous flight
With the exception of JetBlue Basic fares, all fares include one carry-on bag for passengers. If a ticket is booked after February 25, 2021, it does not include a carry-on bag as well.
JetBlue’s exception to this baggage rule is applied to members of Mosaic. People traveling as unaccompanied minors and with military members also get free checked baggage allowances.