Contact the customer service team for help. With Japan Airlines, you have the ability to make changes up until the last hour before your flight’s departure. To make changes, you must have a valid ticket and be familiar with Japan Airlines flight change policies. If you are unsure about our policies, check them here first
- Flights typically cost different amounts when booked in advance. So, you pay a fee for changing dates or times or booking with a different airline.
- Japan Airlines will add a fee to any changes after the specified period, but our website can help travelers avoid the charge with GetUp Tickets.
- JAL charges a substantial amount of money to change the date or destination on International tickets.
- If you purchase your Japan Airlines tickets through an official Japanese Airlines platform, we will refund the difference in fare within 30 days of the original booking.
- Passengers who are traveling with valid tickets have the flexibility to change their route and schedule up until the day of departure. The airline doesn’t allow passengers to change form and routes. If the journey is years booked, you can not change your destination to another country. If the journey is scheduled within Japan, you can not change your destination to another city.
- If you want to travel internationally, then a trip booked through us will not allow for a different destination.
- If the journey is being scheduled by Japanese train company, you cannot change the destination of your trip.
- Changes to the passenger name or any other passenger information are not permitted under Japan Airlines flight change policy. If you need to make any modifications, cancel the scheduled trip and rebook new tickets again by paying all applicable fees.
- You cannot change the destination when your My Airtickets is booked to an international route.
- If you want to request a change to your schedule, it’s best if you call up the customer service number not less than 48 hours before departure.
JAL Change Reservation Rules Based On Routes
Each fare category of JAL is different with specific flight rules that should be considered. Read more about their policies on this page to see how they’ve changed.
- As a policy of Japan Airlines, any changes to your airline ticket can be made up to 3 days before the departure time.
- Airlines never charge change fees on tickets that are booked Before. As you need to purchase a ticket issued between June 11, 2020, and November 30, 2021 You can get flights from Indonesia to Japan With this ticket issued between October 30th, 2020 and November 3rd.
- For International tickets, The ticket must be issued before June 11, 2020 and after November 30, 2021.
- Requests for concert tickets to be issued between June 11, 2020, and November 30, 2021, are now open.
- The flights from Indonesia to Japan will take off on October 30, 2020 and pass through November 30, 2021.
- Tickets for the Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert Tour must be purchased between October 30 and November 30, 2020.
- Japan Airlines is a Japanese airline. There’s a change in policy that explains that customers travelling with promotional tickets do not qualify for free change.
- Passengers will bear all the transportation charges.
- When you purchase a ticket for a flight, it includes airfare and accommodation, in addition to certain changes permitted by the airline.
- For international tickets, the ticket needs to be issued between June 11, 2020 and November 30, 2021.
- The ticket needs to be issued between June 11, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
- Flights from Indonesia to Japan will allow the ticket to be issued between October 30, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
- Tickets need to be issued between October 30, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
- The ticket needs to be issued between November 30, 2020 and June 11, 2021.
- Tickets for the event must be issued between October 30th, 2020, and November 30th, 2021.
|Flights departing from and to the Tokyo||Changes of airports are allowed in between Haneda and Narita|
|Flights departing from and to the Osaka||Changes of airports are allowed in between Itami and Kansai|
|Flights departing from and to the Fukuoka||Changes of airports are allowed in between Fukuoka and Kitakyushu||You can change airport if you are flight with JAL group flights|
Japan Airlines Change Reservation Provisions for Same-day Upgrade
JAL International flies all over the world with fantastic connections and upgrades. For this, the passenger will be required to pay fare differences along with other applicable taxes.
It is not possible to upgrade all tickets on the same day. When reserved flights do not qualify for an upgrade, the reservation is cancelled and another flight can be purchased on the same route at a different time by paying the additional fees.
The Japan Airlines award ticket change fee is charged in increments of miles. The cost of your ticket might increase due to a mandatory fee, as it does with other airlines.
If a passenger traveling with TOKUBIN Advance Purchase Fare, SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare, Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare, Transit Fare, Sky Mate Stand-By Fare books their flight on the day they purchase this stand-by fare and changes their mind after the scheduled departure day of their flight, Japan Airlines will not be able to provide same-day change.
JAL International Flight Change Policy
- Japan Airlines has an international fly to other parts of the world policy, which applies for flights departing from Japan.
- To be eligible for coverage under the policy, your ticket purchase needs to start from 131.
- The airline will allow changes on the same sector when you book a ticket. You can book a flight as many times as you need without worrying about any change fees! As long as you have time until November 2020, you’ll be fine.
- As per the Japan Airlines international flight change policy, they usually won’t charge any change fees if your flight is delayed or canceled due to the fault of the company.
- You can reschedule your trip in case your scheduled flight departed late or is canceled due to unforeseen conditions such as snowfall, earthquakes, pandemics, judicial systems rules, and many other uncontrollable factors.
- When booking an award ticket, passengers need to contact the mileage team in advance. If changes are requested, they need to provide sufficient notice at least two weeks before the proposed date of departure.
Japan Airlines Same-day Flight Change Policy
The Japan Airlines policy on changes in flights implies that passengers who want to change their ticket class on the day should also pay JAL’s Change-Flight fee of 100 dollars.
|Class Types||JAL change flight fees for same-day upgrade|
|First Class||JPY 8,000 plus other applicable charges|
|Class J||JPY 1,000 plus other applicable charges|
JAL Flight Change Rules for Free Change
Flight changes are quite expensive and normally not a good decision due to the cost of altering a purchased ticket. However, if you book your tickets through Japan Airlines, you have a few free opportunities to make changes. Before beginning to read up on the table of Japan Airlines flight change rules, it is recommended that one keep in mind that they cannot change the name of the passenger. If you change the passenger name, your ticket will no longer be valid.
Tickets with a valid expiration date from Nov. 30 onwards
|Date of Rebooking Request||Flight Changes|
|1st Sector||2nd and Subsequent Sectors|
|Flight departing on or before November 30, 2021||Free of charge, with no restrictions. You can request changes multiple times.||Free of charge, with no restrictions. You can request changes multiple times.|
Tickets are available for purchase starting on December 1, 2021.
|Date of Rebooking Request||Flight Changes|
|1st Sector||2nd and Subsequent Sectors|
|Flight departing on or after December 1, 2021||The first change can be requested free of charge. with no restrictions. You can request changes multiple times.||Changes are allowed as per the Japan Airlines change flight policy.|
JAL Change Flight Provisions Based on Ticket Types
JAL has made slight changes to its change policy. A passenger must pay JAL’s change fees based on the flights’ ticket types, known as fare classes. Some fares require F up charges. It is important to know exactly how change fees work by examining this table to understand JAL policies as per your holdings:
One way Fare
- Same-day change is available.
- Fare differences will be charged.
- Passenger information can not be altered.
- Change in routes is not permitted.
- JAL updates its forms to make sure its passengers are always on track. It also fact checks their airline forms to make sure only accurate information is sent through for processing.
- Changing the destination of an airline ticket is difficult, but if you have tried to do it a day or two before your trip’s departure, it may be possible.
- You are able to make changes up until one day before your departure.
- The airline will provide detailed information to determine the differences in taxes along with other charges for travelers.
- Passengers cannot make changes to their passenger information without the approval of the airline.
- Changes in routes are not permitted.
- Keep your travel plans in order by submitting the JAL change reservation form no later than twenty minutes before departure.
- We will provide you with the best way to travel and save money. We offer many different options from fair to uber cheap using our fare search feature.
- JAL has a cancellation/change policy that passengers cannot change the route or name once the flight is booked.
- Soften the stiff forms. JAL’s reservation form is pretty hard to change and doesn’t give you a lot of freedom in terms of your choices.
- After checking the flight history and after consulting with the airline, you may need to change your departure airport.
- In cases where a passenger has requested to change flights on an outbound or return flight that falls on a blackout date, the airline will treat the request differently. However, this rule does not apply to bookings where changes are requested before the outward and return dates falls on a holiday, special event or day of rest for travel throughout the USA.
- Depending on your destination, one-way to a two-way journey will change the cost of rent and how long it takes you to reach.
The Japan Airlines reservation change policy can be nearly comparable to those with all price categories. However, if you want to know the precise amount of the change cost, contact the professionals who will assist you further and take you through Japan Airlines’ reservation change restrictions based on your price category.
- All fares except the TOKUBIN Advance Purchase Fare, SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare, Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare, Transit Fare and Sky Mate Stand-By Fares are eligible for changes.
- The passenger will pay the fare difference based on any change or upgrades that they would like to make.
- You need to pay service charges on the JAL ticket change fees if you’re only changing your flight.
Japan Airlines Change Flight Date Policy
Generally, Japan Airlines change flight date clause does not allow the passenger to fly for free when a flight change is requested in the no-change-fee period. However, JAL allows passengers request a date change that falls within the no-change-fee period without a fee. For further details, check out these coordinates:
- If you don’t know exactly when you’re booking. Be sure to check the specific airlines change flight date rule.
- To change the flight date you will need to submit a request at least 2 business days before the original air travel date.
- The Japan Airlines change reservation policy states that passengers cannot make changes to their flights if the name of the passenger has been changed or the intended flight routes are different.
- With covid, on some routes, the airline offers a free change date facility. This simple service allows you to avoid paying any additional fees if you find a cheaper fare.
- Japan Airlines will forfeit tickets for passengers holding any of these types of fares. If the passenger filed a change of flight date, they will lose the entire cost to their ticket.
- Japan Airlines, the company that does not charge service fees for issuing new or reschedule tickets, will be charging the following amount for denying tickets for certain routes.
|Mode of Reservation||Location||Ticket Issuance Place||Charges for re-issuing new ticket issue and ticket change|
|JAL Website or JAL Mobile Site||All |
|JAL Reservation Center||Japan||Japan||JPY 5,500 (including Japan consumption tax)|
|JAL City or Airport Counter||North America||The United States of America||USD 50|
|Europe||The United Kingdom||GBP 40|
|Other Europe||EUR 45|
|East Asia||Currency of the place of ticket issuance shall apply.||CNY 150|
|Asia or Oceania||Indonesia||IDR 650,000|
JAL International Flight Change Policy Due to Covid-19
- Many JAL International customers were annoyed with the changes they made, which is why the company decided to make some necessary changes.
- On days when the extra cost for booking an upgrade is at its lowest, the airline will accept your request for a change to avoid any expenses of an unnecessary rebooking.
- If you decide to change your flight, it is best to compare the ticket price with the total costs because there could be other things that are required to make the change, such as changing your destination.
- If you’ve already booked your flights to and from Japan Airlines, then you can try flying on the alternate date without incurring a change fee.
- As per the JAL change reservation policy, a flight starting with 131 qualifies for changed domestic flights. In some circumstances, you may be required to pay service charges and other applicable taxes.
- When you purchase a trip using credits, you’ll need to spend more on the ticket. You’ll be charged for the difference between your original price and the fare for that upgrade.
- Japan Airlines is developing an incredible change reservation policy that allows people to change their flight on or before April 25, 2022.
- You can make changes to your flight, hotel or other travel arrangements when you are traveling in Travel Restrictions Locations.
- The airline makes it easy to change the price of your ticket even if you find a better one. However, they do not offer unlimited changes, so make sure to plan ahead and ask before submitting a change request.
Japan Airlines Change Flight Process
Passengers can make any necessary modifications until the day of departure. To make all of the necessary changes, you must have valid tickets and complete the modification procedure using one of the methods specified below. When filing a modification request, make sure to read the Japan Airlines flight change rules; it will make your job easier.
Changing tickets at airports often takes a long time and they can cost more as well as require you to be present. But, if you’re able. You can find the ticketing office’s website, log into your account with the registered credentials, get the instructions below and anything else you need from their on-site support department.
- Gain customer satisfaction by staying on our homepage. We offer a myriad of courses for you to choose from.
- Visitors can find their flight using the booking number and family name of the passenger.
- Select the trip from the available options.
- Click on the modify tab.
- Change your flight – Fill the Japan Airlines change flight form. Change your return home: Submit the Japan Airlines change flight date form. Choose a new seat: Fill the Japan Airlines Change Seat Form.
- If you need to change your flight be sure to fill in the Japan Airlines form before you book your original flight.
- Japan Airlines make it easy for people to change their flight dates. You can view available options, compare prices, and submit your request through our streamlined system.
- For changing seats, fill the form on this page for a change to your seating selection.
- Review the input after elaborating the concern.
- Add Japan Airlines to your bundle offers by tapping on the continue tab.
- You may have to pay change charges when you need to change your trip. These might be introduced depending on whether you are traveling by bus or train, because of the reason behind the change request, and many other factors.
- Make the necessary payments.
- You’ll get notified about the changes by your confirmation mail and we’ll send it to your registered IDs.
Hesitant! To submit a modification request online. There’s no need to be concerned because you can make the necessary changes in a variety of ways. You may simply submit a reservation change request to Japan Airlines via customer service, airport helpdesk, sales offices, and other official counters. Using offline mode is easy too, as you’re able to make all the necessary changes over the phone.
- Users are required to complete the user authentication process with their unique credentials.
- Get connected to an available agent. You’re here, now find the one that best meets your needs.
- Booking a flight and getting your money back feels rewarding, but you might have not known how to do it. Fill out this form and the agent will be able to help you.
- The agent will ask you the reason behind making a change to your reservation requests.
- Share all the required details.
- Japan Airlines does not charge any fees for changes to certain dates. If this is your timeline, allow the Japan Airlines agent to update it for you.
- You can find the fees for change going through several different payment methods.
- After you have conducted your transaction with the agent, she will automatically notify JAL of your departure time.
- We will then send an email with a confirmation of registration for your ID.
The above steps will lead you to make the appropriate changes to your account through the official methods. However, there are undoubtedly going to be charge fees that may accompany these steps.
A few exceptions can be made at the airport counter or sales offices for international flight changes. The process for making changes is similar and generally consists of filling out the JAL international flight change form on your own, paying a higher administrative fee than changing your trip any other way, and receiving a departure from Japan issued by the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Japan Airlines Change Flight Policy
Yes. Japan Airlines policy allows you to change your seat until the day of departure, with valid purchased tickets and they will also charge a different fee depending on if you’re switching to a cheap ticket or luxury, so be aware of all of these costs.
You can change your seats by switching back and forth between two modes: seating mode and viewmode.
- Online: website and mobile app
- Unlike many airlines, Japan Airlines encourages its customers to call the customer service number and speak to an expert directly.
There is a change fee of 19,000 yen on some routes. Japan Airlines no longer charges any amount for changes.
In general, when an airline changes a ticket’s fare category, the reason for the change, changes made to the booking and in some cases changes made to the travel itinerary will create extra costs.
Japan Airlines change flight online method steps:
- Welcome to the home page, where you can access the features. First, click on the login tab at the top.
- Maybe it will help you manage your account better if you enter a username, password and consent to using your personal information.
- Select the manage my booking option.
- Find out the airline, flight number and location of a flight using its Passenger Name Registration (PNR) number of the past passenger.
- Select the trip from the available options.
- Click on the modify tab.
- You can use our Japan Airlines change flight form to book your flights or even make changes or cancel them if you need to.
- Review the input.
- Log into your Japan Airlines account or submit a request for change by tapping on the continue tab.
- Your travel might be more expensive if you change your flight. It depends on the route, fare type, and the reason for the new flight.
- Make the necessary payments.
- You will receive notification of the changes via email or text. You will be notified of all changes via the confirmation mail and you will have to provide a registered contact for us.
Airlines typically charge travelers a change fee when traveling internationally. They may charge additional fees or otherwise require changes to be made to the planned itinerary that weren’t in your initial plans.
To alter the date, simply use the official Japan Airlines change return date form. You can change your flight fees, service costs and other details using our website’s quick forms.
- If you need to make an international flight change, call us and get connected with the Japan Airlines flight change team.
- The user authentication process requires sharing necessary credentials.
- To find a trip, you can give the booking details to your passengers such as their last name or email.
- Book an airline ticket with JAL or just click the Flight Schedule button to fill out the form in your behalf.
- They may request that you share the reason behind a change in your reservation requests.
- Give me the taxpayer identification number and contact information. I can have someone fill out the forms for you.
- The agent will ask you for your destination travel confirmation before submitting the final documents.
- If you need to make any changes, like adding a flight, deleting a flight, or switching the date on your ticket then you will need to pay the Japan Airlines change fee along with service and other charges. Pay your JAL change fees and other charges through their website.
- You do not need to worry about the agent submitting the JAL flight change form for you. Notification will appear on your credit card after the payment is made.
- We send confirmation emails to ensure that every item is sent to the same address.