American Airlines offers passengers 24/7 Wi-Fi in the air. It’s a top speed, satellite-based service that is perfect for holding important business meetings or watching your favorite TV show. One thing to keep in mind though is the price tag.
Established as a cargo airline in 1930 and rebranded as a passenger airline in 2014, United Airlines remains one of the world’s largest airlines and made Forbes 2016 list of largest global companies.
It merged with US Airways in December 2013, spurring American Consolidated Airlines Group (ACAG) to expand operations. Its current main fleet of over 904 airplanes comprises the Airbus family, Boeing 737 series, Boeing 777-200s, Boeing 777-300ERs, and Boeing 787 Dreamliner (787-8) planes.
American Airlines offers over 6,500 flights a day to 350 cities in 50 countries with its partner, American Eagle. It’s also a Founding Member of the oneworld Alliance which is one of the top airline groups worldwide.
American Airlines Basic Information
|Name||American Airlines, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Fort Worth, Texas, U.S|
|WiFi Provider||Gogo, Panasonic, ViaSat|
American Airlines Fleets Offering In-flight Wi-Fi Services
American Airlines flies to more than 230 destinations in 60 countries with a wide selection of aircraft types.
Passengers are able to access satellite-based in-flight Wi-Fi that is provided by Gogo or Panasonic currently, while ViaSat should be available soon.
Our planes provide international flights with Panasonic’s in-flight services. Gogo and Viasat are for domestic flights, which are serviced by other companies.
Below I’m going to give you a tabular list of aircraft that offers Wi-Fi service and links for each one of them so you can perform further research.
|Internet Provider||Number Of Equipped Airplanes|
|Gogo||Airbus A319 – 93 (from US Airways) Airbus A319 – 5 (from Frontier Airlines) Airbus A320 – 48 Boeing 757 – 5 (Hawaii aircraft)|
|Panasonic||Airbus A330-200 – 15 Airbus A330-300 – 9 Boeing 787-8 – 20 Boeing 777-200 – 47 Boeing 767-300 – 21 Boeing 777-300ER – 20 Boeing 757-200 – 24 Boeing 787-9 – 22 Boeing 772 – 47|
|Viasat||Airbus A319 – 32 (Legacy AA) Airbus A321 – 219 Airbus A321neo – 6 Boeing 737-800 – 304 Boeing 737 MAX – 24|
American Airlines Wi-Fi Packages and Prices
We provide our users with free Wi-Fi on all international flights, and one exception is that domestic flights depending on the aircraft.
Buying Wi-Fi ahead of your flight is always cheaper than buying on board. For domestic flights, both pre-flight and onboard packages are offered; while you can only purchase on board for international flights.
Passengers flying on American Airlines have four different ways to purchase a Wi-Fi package. They can visit the network portal created by American Airlines or the web pages of a third-party service provider.
American Airlines passengers find their plan for Wi-Fi on domestic flights with Panasonic by following these steps:
|Duration||Price (in USD)|
American Airlines passengers can use Viasat to travel long-distance. Family members of those on a specific route can log in using the Wi-Fiplan customers purchased and follow their flight.
|Duration||Price (in USD)|
In this dialogue, Gogo offers American Airlines passengers on domestic routes Wi-Fi plans of which there are three: Standard, Premier, and Platinum.
|Duration||Price (in USD)|
|All-day pass (valid for 12 months after purchase)||$14.00 + tax|
|Monthly plan||$39.95 + tax|
American Airlines provides fast Wi-Fi to flights on domestic US routes. Cost is just a few dollars now. The company also introduced an improved plan for constant flyers coming into effect next year.
Customers now have access to a new plan, which has replaced Gogo’s monthly payment plan. The newly designed plan is available on international flights flying out of foreign countries as well as domestic flights in the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, or Central America.
Now, customers have another option when it comes to making payments. It is possible to use Gogo or Panasonic as a valid payment method given the customer already has a Viasat service.
The plan is as seen below:
|Duration||Price (in USD)|
|Monthly Plan(for one device)||$49.95 + tax|
|Monthly plan (for two devices)||$59.95 + tax|
At the end of each month, the carrier sent out an instruction to passengers who had signed up for Gogo’s new American Eagle Wi-Fi payment plan to transfer their payments over to America’s new Wi-Fi payment plan.
In order to access this improved payment plan, passengers must be an AAdvantage® member with an email and credit card bearing a US billing address saved in their AAdvantage® account.
Furthermore, the American provider introduced a better in-flight Wi-Fi site to ease the confusion and disparity created by having multiple service providers. The new site offers a unifying front that aids customers in easily purchasing Wi-Fi packages using their AAdvantage membership and saved credit card details.
Guests go ahead and buy single internet passes as long as members don’t have an AAdvantage® account.
How To Find Out If Your Flight Offers In-flight Wi-Fi?
To check if your flight has Wi-Fi onboard and to find available networks, check the boarding ticket or enter the information on planeboard.
- This text tells users where the Wi-Fi on their flight is and when they need to connect.
- This website allows you to input your destination so that you can find the best flight and route for your travel needs.
- Find if your flight offers Wi-Fi to research about places near your destination and do some last-minute shopping.
- Airlines offer Wi-Fi in-flight. The symbols are found on the seatbacks so you can easily connect to the internet from your devices
How To Connect To American Airlines Wi-Fi?
Connect your mobile devices to the onboard Wi-Fi in just a few easy steps.
- Set your mobile device to aeroplane mode.
- Ensure your device’s Wi-Fi is on.
- Join the “AA-Inflight” hotspot.
- If your connection isn’t perfect, you will be automatically put onto the central Wi-Fi.
- To make sure we redirect you to our website, search for ‘aainflight.com’ on your device browser.
- AAdvantage® members can join AAdvantage® Rewards Central to see the rewards they’ve earned, and order new AAdvantage® miles or redeem miles for tickets.
- You can give us your Wifi membership number or other personal information, and we’ll activate your account through the promotion codes available. It’s quick and easy.
Service Providers Of In-flight Wi-Fi On American Airlines
American Airlines offers three different in-flight internet providers: Gogo for airplanes, satellite for airplanes and JetBlue for Metrorail.
- Gogo, an Intelsat company
All three different service providers use satellites to supply internet. They have a fast and reliable channel for passengers flying onboard these aircraft.
These companies offer the most advanced Wi-Fi technology that has been created. They are relatively lightweight when compared to regular routers and they cost less while being more reliable.
Passengers can often get Panasonic Wi-Fi on international flights, while Gogo and Viasat cover the Wi-Fi-installed aircraft that are managed by Aircraft Service Engineers.
American Airlines Wi-Fi Time Frame
The world-giant carrier began offering internet Wi-Fi using Gogo’s air-to-ground Wi-Fi system but has since switched to remodeling its aircraft with satellite-based Wi-Fi. The retrofitting has all ready taken more than 900 planes and will be complete by the middle of 2019.
In 2016, the Viasat Ka-band satellite system became selected by the airline to outfit its 737 MAX with satellite-based, gate-to-gate Wi-Fi and subsequently succeed Gogo’s slower ground-based system. The succession concluded on its narrow-body aeroplane previously using Gogo’s ATG model in mid 2019.
Panasonic offers Wi-Fi powered by their satellite network which gives seamless connectivity to international flights.
The airline also ordered satellite-based Wi-Fi service from Gogo. It’s great for travel on US Airways’ narrow-body domestic aircraft and it eliminates the need to mess with WiFi hotspot logins.
Features Of American Airlines Wi-Fi
- They offer Wi-Fi service on all international flights. Wi-Fi service is also sometimes offered on some domestic flights as well.
- This sentence is in the past tense, indicating that the service providers have already designed the aeroplanes and have been supplying services.
- The Wi-Fi offer gate-to-gate connectivity so passengers can access it from before they board their flights till they land at their destinations.
- You have access to all the benefits aa.com has on flights nowadays, without having to worry about data speeds and the price.
- In-flight Wi-Fi service allows customers to quickly and easily stream content from Netflix, Hulu, and HBO .e.t.c.
- For a long flight, you no longer need to worry about Internet connection. There is Wi-Fi on all of our planes.
- Wi-Fi plans are cheaper when you purchase them in advance of your flight. It is better for a traveler to plan for Wi-Fi coverage on the way out, rather than pay through the teeth at their destination.
- Pre-flights and onboard Wi-Fi are available at low prices on domestic routes. Wi-Fi services cannot be accessed onboard international flights.
- With the redesigned AAdvantage® member site, you can register or check your status or have access to DirecTV and unlimited high speed Wi-Fi.
- You get rewarded for your loyalty with features such as discounts, priority access and more when you pay using your AAdvantage® miles.
- American Airlines revised its monthly Wi-Fi plans. Now all American Airlines passengers can enjoy faster, easier and more reliable Gogo, Panasonic, and Viasat satellite-based Air Wi-Fi on all their flights equipped with it.
- The plan is a service that provides coverage of domestic services by American Airlines and connecting flights to Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, or Central America.
- When you book your international flight, you have the choice of whether or not to prepay for assigned seating, Wi-Fi access and other amenities.
- If you go to a ticketing website and purchase discounted tickets for an event, you can get a dedicated Wi-Fi pass as a guest.
- American Airlines provides a 1 month payment plan. There is not a refund if you’re unhappy with the product or if it expires before your preferred date.
- Make sure you cancel your subscription at least two days before the payment date to avoid paying for the next monthly period.
- We have a policy to give you a full refund if you cancel your subscription before 29 days of the first day of the month in which you sign up.
- Voice-overs are not supported on board. Phones calls and other voice-overs will not play on the plane.
- If you have questions regarding American Airlines Wi-Fi please visit their FAQs and they will guide you through the process of getting connected.
In-flight Entertainment On American Airlines
American Airlines has updated their in-flight entertainment system with a new type of satellite-based Wi-Fi. They’ll soon start removing seatback screens from some of the aircraft. That’s because passengers on those aircraft can only connect to the system with their devices too.
All of shows and movies for free on thousands of TVs in-flight. Whether you have an American Airlines account or use the app, find what you want to watch easily.
American Airlines is the only U.S.-based airline offering free direct-to-view content, including Apple Original movies and Apple Music. Viasat Wi-Fi is required, and all passengers must sign up for an Apple Music subscription before use.
Steps to connect to the in-flight entertainment system:
- Downloading the American Airlines App before boarding helps to make easy your trip.
- Join the “AA-Inflight” Wi-Fi network.
- If you want to change your flight itinerary online the only thing you need to do is go to the website, aainflight.com
- Click on “Watch free videos” to find a movie or TV show that you might like.
- Get your favorite TV shows or movies delivered to your device. Stay up-to-date with the latest news, movies, and more.
One of American Airlines’ features is entertainment options. Rosetta Stone and Skillshare are just two of the many options available if a person wishes to learn new skills while flying. Games are also available on the entertainment options.
Once you go through our website, you can see what movies and tv shows are coming up on your flight. You can also find information or make purchases related to them.
American Airlines has a multitude of entertainment options for their passengers whenever they want. There is also no need for purchasing an e-ticket for these options either.
Most Asked Questions
Does American Airlines Have Free Wi-Fi?
American Airlines provides paid in-flight Wi-Fi service within its fleets.
Which credit cards are supported?
Accepted credit cards include Discover, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Diners Club, or VISA. Make sure your credit card number has a US billing address.
Can I Stream Movies On Netflix On American Airlines?
Yes. People on airplanes can use Netflix, Hulu, and HBO easily without connecting to a regular Internet connection.
- § https://american-wifi-subscription.com/app/ssocp/payment/#/pickapass