Frontier Airlines is the US-based ultra-low-cost carrier that operates from its primary hub at Denver international airport. Frontier Airlines gives customers peace of mind when traveling, knowing they will be protected against type errors or misspelled names or needing to change their name, which can now be done hassle-free and without spending too much. Here are the important highlights from the Frontier Airlines name change policy:
- Frontier Airlines has a name change policy, which requires that the name on your Frontier Airlines ticket must match the name on your government-issued photo ID. A passenger may be denied boarding if their name doesn’t match on their Frontier Airlines ticket, so make sure to update it!
- Frontier Airlines allows travelers to change their names prior to departure. Passengers can correct minor spelling errors or make a legal name change in the event they have any issues before they fly.
- Sometimes, people need to change their flights when traveling on Frontier Airlines. To do so, a passenger will have to rebook their flight with the correct name and have the original flight ticket voided.
- Frontier Airlines policy is that resales are restricted. They were able to name their airline for the vast expanse in the United States, which really means anything old is new again.
- Tickets that need correcting on the Frontier Airlines ticket might require a name change fee, but you don’t have to pay an additional amount.
- Depending on the fare type and the type of cabin booked, a Frontier Airlines name correction request may require processing by both the support team online as well as over the phone, and cannot be completed immediately.
- Sometimes changing airlines can be difficult. Sometimes, there is more than one airline involved and Frontier Airlines change policies might apply depending on the number of changes involved and if they are given before or after a particular carrier.
- Frontier Airlines change name request. If you would like to make a name change, please fill out the form below and send it in with your reservation number. The Frontier Airlines customer service team will contact you to guide the process and any associated fee.
Frontier Airlines Name Change Rules
I was just reading the information from Frontier’s Name Change Policy and here are some important points they address.
- Though it is calling for up to three characters in the first, middle, or last name, that does not mean the three characters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
- Frontier Airlines cleans misspellings on their website and deletes first or last names with “Mike” in them.
- Companies that change their names when they merge with other companies, getting married, or even changing directives or bank accounts are among the legal documents that Frontier Airlines takes into consideration.
- Requests to change the name of a Frontier Airlines booking are not allowed on a frequent mileage points account and if the proposal is approved it will be subject to the club contract.
- There is a name change policy for Frontier flights but it allows you to change your ticket if someone else does, as long as your flight is still on time.
- Sometimes Frontier Airlines needs to retain the original flights segments in order to accommodate requests. Sometimes Frontier Airlines rebookes reservations in the same class possible in order to make it happen.
- After Frontier Airlines undergoes a name change, passengers will issue one new passenger name record (PNR) instead of canceling an existing one. The passengers are responsible for changing the way their fares were paid and any difference in price will be refunded to them.
- Frontier Airlines restricts the change or correction of Passengers Type Codes (PTC), Date of Birth (DOB), or changing the infant name on the ticket after it is issued.
- Frontier airlines change their name policies. It will be clear whether your fare is considered non-restricted and if your class of service, seat type, and cabin class will be affected.
Frontier Airlines Name Change Fee
To change or correct the name of a flight, passengers should contact Frontier Airlines Customer Service (for example, to add an email address they’re travelling under) and book new itineraries with that updated name.
- Whenever you change your airline, then it’s a big expense but without the fee you’d suddenly be missing out
- There is a difference between the fare you’re going to pay on a new flight and the fare you already paid for your previous flight.
How to Request Frontier Airlines Name Correction on the Ticket?
Those passengers wishing to change their itinerary can do so easily. Frontier provides different options for passengers.
Change Name on Frontier Ticket Online
To process the Frontier Airlines name correction request through our Complaint Resolution department, follow these simple steps –
- How to make a reservation on flyfrontier? Search for flights, accommodations and more from the booking section.
- Select the six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger and click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
- Choose a name for your account. You’re allowed three spellings in the first, middle, third naming parts. The count of three does not mean three characters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
- To board a flight for state-to-state and federal countries, passengers give the TSA their government-issued photo ID (such as passport or driver’s license) for screening.
- If you need to change your name, or maybe fly and find a lower airfare price, pay the difference between the fare quoted on our Frontier Airlines flight.
- Once the request is complete, passengers will receive a new booking confirmation with their correct name on the ticket. They can also access this without having to log into their email and use their pocket.
Change Name on Frontier Ticket over the Phone
Reach out to the Frontier Airlines customer service phone number and wait for a representative to get connected.
- Provide the Frontier Airlines executive with your six-digit booking reference. This will allow them to access the information on their systems and get you the best possible offer.
- Speak to the agent about what Frontier Airlines name changes are available before boarding, then decide whether or not to change your name after all.
- The agents are responsible for validating that you’re the real person using their service. This will also make sure that you’re aware of the true cost of your purchase.
- You can change your reservation online and pay any fare difference. You can also change your reservation over the phone if you do not wish to do so digitally.
- They will receive a booking confirmation with their new name and the correct email address in their registered account.
Change Name on Frontier Ticket at the Airport
If you want to speak with Frontier Airlines executives while on your flight, they can be found near the nearest desk or on your way into the airport.
- You can provide the flight confirmation details and ask for your plane changed or some passengers to be deleted.
- If you want to change your name before traveling, please contact your agent (or the airline) at least three hours before your scheduled departure.
- An agent can help determine whether your booking is eligible for a Frontier Airlines name change request or not.
- Sometimes we might ask you to submit legal documents that support the new name on your flight ticket.
- If you are changing your name on flight reservations made with Carnival, you must pay the fare difference and other applicable fees in case of any changes.
- Passengers receive the correct name and flight number they asked for on their email with a book confirmation once the request is completed.
Frontier Airlines Name Correction Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frontier Airlines allows passengers to change their names online if they need to. To do this, passengers will have to book another ticket instead of the original and put the correct name down on that ticket.
To correct or change the name of your reservation, make an edit in your Frontier Airlines reservation. You can also use their website or app to do this. You may have to pay a fee and any fare difference may apply.
In an effort to prevent mishaps and errors with Frontier’s flights, it is best to change the name at the ticketing website before 24 hours have passed. A full refund will be given, and then a new reservation can be made with the correct name.
When traveling with Frontier Airlines, passengers must have their name match on the ticket and the government designated photo ID of the airline’s travel. A passenger may be denied boarding if there is no matching name on the traveler’s Frontier Airlines ticket.
Frontier Airlines helps name changes happen easily and quickly. Passengers may change the name the day prior to their departure, but then are limited in their ability to change it for other bookings.
- All changes to your booking will incur a re-routing fee of 75 USD.
- It is not possible to change the fare of an itinerary without paying any processing fees.
Only changes to Frontier Airlines’s name that are pursuant to legal obligations such as finishing divorce proceedings, getting married, or due to a change of legal names on government-issued forms for identification would be allowed. Customer service teams can process name request at Frontier Airlines customer service number.
If you are traveling on Alaska Airlines and need a different name to get on the flight, you will have to pay the different name change fee in addition to the difference in fare as well.
Frontier Airlines will not accept transfers of tickets if a different person is planning to fly on that ticket. No other passengers are allowed to use the travel credit either.