Delta Airlines lets people bring one piece of carry-on luggage with them and a smaller item to put below them, like a laptop bag or purse. The rule is that they must both fit below the seat in front of them, so you can’t bring anything too big. They also have ways to get an exemption for bigger items if you are traveling particularly long distance and need one.
I packed a personal item so I could get through the airport faster
To make sure your trip on Delta is a smooth one, there are some guidelines that you should follow regarding carry-on bags. Make sure your personal items, if they’re approved as carry-on, are safe and easy to transport.
Approved Personal Items
If you are traveling with a personal item, you should make sure it belongs to the following list or has a similar size so that it can be stored under the seat in front of you.
- There are many different types of bags around me. I brought one out of my backpack, a briefcase, and diaper bag.
- Check-in laptops with this multi-purpose laptop bag before you fly and avoid the hassle of extra baggage fees.
- One size of the included items is similar to the others included or smaller than the others.
We’re here to help you with organizing your busy travel ideas in a very simplistic way.
Delta airlines allow certain items to come on board for free. The items that are allowed for carry-on are larger items like strollers and diaper bags. There are also certain items that passengers can organize with the help of flight attendants.
- It’s raining outside or it’s cold outside so make sure you have an umbrella or a jacket with you.
- When you pass through the security checkpoint, make sure you have anything you purchased in your bag.
- Any duty-free merchandise
- We have a wide selection of special items such as wheelchairs, strollers, child safety seats, or a range of other assistive items like crutches.
The companies that Delta competes with, including Southwest and American Airlines , have made larger luggage sizes the standard for carrying on luggage.
You can quickly and easily travel with your luggage thanks to Delta. If you are using a roll-aboard for long-trips or a duffel for an overnight stay, always make sure you follow the airline’s restrictions so that you don’t end up with any trouble.
Carry-On Size Restrictions
The size of your Priority bag should correspond to their sizing. These sizes are also displayed at the ticket counter and by your baggage tag at Delta Airlines.
- For the combined width, height, and length of the baggage checked through air carriers to be no more than 45 inches (114 centimeters).
- The individual measurements must not be greater than 22 inches (56 centimeters) in width, 14 inches (35 centimeters) in height, and 9 inches (23 centimeters) in length.
The luggage measurements spell out the size restrictions for any wheels and handles that might be on your baggage. Unfortunately, no such limits apply to small musical instruments while they’re riding with you in the overhead or underseat compartments.
Carry-On Weight Restrictions
The number one priority is safety. Airlines have different maximum weights as well as location restrictions.
Other Carry On Details
- Delta does not allow oversized bags to be carried on the aircraft for flight safety reasons. In order to keep your checked baggage free, please arrive at the airport early and talk to a gate agent or flight attendant about checking your bags before your trip.
- Delta Connection flights are for traveling people only. These flights typically have 50 or fewer seats. This is a short and simple sentence that covers the meaning of the original sentence, but says it differently.
- Your carry-on bags must be stored in the overhead bin or under your seat during boarding. If you have a Gate Claim tag on your bag, it will not be repossessed by a gate attendant during deplaning. You can check other guests’ bags as well, but they will also keep your bag until overwound and you are able to pick it up after deplaning.
- For information about information on potentially hazardous items (such as razors or knitting needles), you can consult the TSA which will have updated guidelines and hazardous regulations.
You can take these items with you on the plane with your carry-on.
Delta allows passengers to carry certain amounts of liquids, aerosols and gels in their bags when traveling without checking baggage. However, depending on the itinerary, there are a few rules set by TSA. To be safe while international trips, it is best to check what liquid items are permitted before traveling to avoid bad surprises after arrival.
- Misuse of aerosols is a major culprit in the cockroach population. Limit gels, pastes, liquids and aerosols to a maximum of 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters.
- Carrying all the items in a single quart-size bag made of clear plastic will allow you to quickly find what you need when you need it.
- You’ll check your carry-on bag for weapons or other threats. There’s a little bin next to the security checkpoint where you can discard the quart-size bag easily.
Gels, aerosols, liquids, and pastes such as makeup, beverages, hair gel, shampoo, hair spray, toothpaste, sun lotions, and other items of a similar consistency are used to create cosmetics.
The TSA makes special provisions for those who need to bring items like medications and other supplies on their travels. You will be able to take something out of your belongings and carry it through the security line because of the TSA’s friendly policies.
Carrying A Duty-Free Item
There are certain countries where you can pick up a duty-free item with just the items sealed and tags on. You get to walk around knowing that you have your favorite clothes and shoes with you in case there is an emergency!
Pop in your carry-on bag, and you can watch out for security. Make sure to wear it to keep everything secure. But if where you are visiting doesn’t recognize the program, it may be confiscated and lost.
For guidelines related to this, visit the UK Department for Transport, the European Union’s European Commission, or the United States’ Transportation Security Administration.
With Delta, you will be able to fly with different items, such as strollers, children’s seats, medical equipment, sports equipment, bulky or oversized baggage, and more. They will treat every single item as one bag. Some of these items may incur an additional fee while most items won’t.
More frequently than not, our customers do have a theme item or clothing style of their own.
If you think you are carrying a special item, feel free to check with a Delta agent when arriving at the airport before going through security. They will be able to help you determine if the item is an oversized or overweight item and may help you avoid possible fees associated with your carry-on luggage.
A special item has common features that distinguish it from other items of the same product type or category.
- If your bag has a unique shape or size, take it to our store for free repairs.
- Items in your bag need special care and attention, but we also do our best to keep them looking and feeling like new.
- The weight of your bag is over 50 lbs (23 kg), or has a measurement higher than 62 linear inches (157 cm) (width height length).
- You can rent equipment if you need it. We offer prices based on duration or size, depending upon what you’re renting.
We offer a variety of special items like women’s dresses, socks and shoes, handbags, luggage and more.
- Fragile or bulky, Retailers can purchase replacement cost insurance.
- Children & Infant Items
- Musical Instruments
- Medical Supplies & Wheelchairs
- Sporting Equipment
- Perishables & Imported Merchandise
If you are traveling via Delta, make sure you’re aware of what items are permitted to board on a plane as per federal law and regulations. You can visit the TSA’s What Can I Bring page or the FAA’s Pack Safe page for the updated list of allowed items and not allowed for transport.
Attire, bags and personal items that are shown to be offensive cannot be brought into the library.
- A meal ready to eat (MRE) is a packaged food that can be prepared in the field by following standardized procedures
- Aerosol products, such as cooking spray or anti-static spray, are used frequently in homes and offices.
- Paints, stains, or lubricant
- Bleach, drain cleaners, or pesticides are the best way to treat an infestation.
- If you’re looking for something to stop a bear or get rid of a moose from your garden, there are various options listed on our pages.
- Fireworks or explosives
- Lighters with torches or blue flame lighters and all lighter refills
- “Strike-anywhere” matches
- Sterno cans are an environmentally sustainable alternative to fuel.
- Items that include refrigerants including refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, and dehumidifiers
- The safer and more affordable alternative to hoverboards, balance gliders, self-balancing boards, or motorized riding suitcases that use lithium or lithium-ion batteries
Find out about different airlines, get the best prices for checked-bags, and find ways to save on luggage.
Tipping the bag handlers of airports. Keeping reusable bags handy. Discovering which airlines have bags that can fit into your own luggage and those which do not (in most cases)
Get them the medical bills you’ve accrued reimbursed when you can.
Many credit card companies have travel rewards cards that offer lucrative perks like baggage fees and other benefits. For example, Americal Express offers a Delta Air Lines card that includes free checked bags. You can find out which credit card has the best benefit for your personal needs and then take the appropriate steps.
Shop in our stores and earn great miles and rewards through SkyTeam or SkyMiles membership.
Delta includes a SkyMiles program, with which you can earn free checked bags depending on your level of loyalty. If you fly frequently on Delta, the airline may reward you for this by giving you some of the other flight benefits. Remember that Delta is part of the SkyTeam alliance, so if you are a member listed in that alliance’s program, Delta members can get these checked bags and any other benefits listed in their own partner airlines low-level program.
When soldiers leave the military from active duty and acquired another type of government assistance, they may qualify for a baggage reimbursement on their clothes and personal items.
Delta offers free checked bags to active United States military who fly with Delta. The specific allowances depend on whether you’re traveling for personal reasons, military orders, and the specific fare you’re flying.
Limiting yourself to included checked bags is essential. You’ll save the airline and planning a way through the airport easier!
If your fare comes with free checked bags, you will avoid baggage dues by packing a designated amount of restrictions. If your ticket does not come with free checked bags, you will avoid baggage costs by only packing carry-on luggage. You will also save time by not waiting at the baggage claim after you arrive at the airport.
Conclusion: Most people bring less because they are unsure of what they could get away with.
Be sure to refer to the rules and regulations laid down by the airlines and government bodies. This will make your boarding easier, faster and safer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delta carry-ons come in a variety of sizes that might be too large or too small for your size.
Passengers should carry carry-on items in a regulation-compliant manner and in compliance with the airline. They should not exceed the size of 22 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches and be stored unfettered or kept under the seat responsibly
You can travel with a personal item on Delta airlines as long as it fits dimensions that are provided upon review.
It depends on the size, weight, and other aspects of what each person is bringing with them. For example, one can bring a personal item and a carry-on bag up to a specific size or weight.
If you are traveling on Delta Connection flights with 50 seats or less, you can bring personal items to and from the airport. To make sure your items have enough space, a sticker with plan 90 or Planeside is placed on it, depending on how oversized your item is. In case of Flight overbooking a Gate Claim will be added to all tagged bags and left in a carrier by the door for customer retrieval after deplaning.
3. Are 24-inch carry-on cases allowed on a plane as they are when a suitcase?
No, the luggage would not be fitting in the overhead compartment. The FAA prevents planes from being loaded with any baggage that can’t fit into one of these dimensions.
Does Delta only have carry-ons that are a certain size or is there one big bag?
Pack your carry-on items in a secure bag that can be stored inside the storage compartment or under the seat in front of you.