British Airways’s baggage policy is generous. It allows multiple items of hand luggage and included checked luggage options. The company has provided plenty of room for wheelchairs, strollers, car seats, skis, and musical instruments to make it easier for travelers to pack. Those looking for travel-friendly rules or limitations should keep the following points in mind.
- We strictly prohibit carry-on baggage from being placed in checked baggage. Passengers should not carry valuables in their luggage because it might get broken or, worse, stolen.
- In the event that passengers pack their bags incorrectly and end up with the wrong baggage, they can find out where the baggage is with British Airways’ baggage tracking code.
- British Airways was pretty good at delivering checked-baggage to the same aircraft as you flew on, even if your flight day wasn’t.
- If you’re traveling with sporting or musical items, the dimensions of the particular article must be in accordance with the British Airways baggage policy. Conditions for checking baggage are as follows: only two bags of checked luggage to be carried on by any one person, and they should not exceed 22 linear feet and 32 inches in dimension.
- British Airways luggage rules state that there is no weight limit and overweight charges for medical equipment. However, there is a capping on the number of items as these items would be considered as British Airways checked luggage. All medical supplies need to be supported by an official medical letter.”
- British Airways charges passengers an additional fee if they exceed the free baggage allowance on baggage they send with British Airways.
British Airways Baggage Allowance
British Air Passengers can have a generous baggage allowance where passengers can carry up to two hand luggage and numerous checked luggage. Additionally there is plenty of room for wheelchairs, pushcarts, musical instruments, golf kits, and so much more.
British Airways Checked Baggage Allowance
The price of international and domestic travel varies depending on the service, size of luggage and weight limit. The baggage measurements vary by airlines, but often includes handles, pockets, wheels, and bars placed in cases.
|Ticket Type||Baggage Allowance|
|British Airways Domestic (Economy)||1 bag at 23kg|
|British Airways International (full-fare Economy)||2 bags at 23kg each|
|British Airways Premium Economy||2 bags at 23kg each|
|British Airways Business||2 bags at 32kg each|
|British Airways First Class||3 bags at 32kg each|
British Airways Hand Baggage Allowance
Air travelers are able to have a second personal item (e.g. purse, briefcase) on board instead of the usual carry-on bag. British Airways allows passengers to have a 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm plus a 40 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm combined weight in their personal items while still being within the 10 kg limit.
British Airways Baggage Fees
The flights with British Airways have a total guarantee of your baggage. Plus, the fees associated with them are very low.
|Baggage Type||Size Restrictions||Weight Allowance||British Airways Baggage Fees||British Airways extra baggage fees|
|Cabin Baggage||56 x 45 x 25cm||10 kg||No Charge||Airport restrictions apply if oversized or overweight|
|Checked Baggage||90 x 75 x 43cm||23kg – 32kg depending on route/ticket type||50-100 USD depending on route/ticket type||*see excess baggage*|
|Excess Baggage||90 x 75 x 43cm||32kg||100 USD per bag||N/A|
British Airways Additional Baggage Policy
Air travel is a concern for most families, especially when there are children who need to go on vacation. However, members of the Thomas Family may find it easy with the British Airways baggage policy and Foreign Travel Policy.
As per British Airways’ extra baggage policy, passengers are allowed to check-in additional baggage for a fee. Most bags purchased online are discounted as well.
- Travelers flying British Airways can be assured that there is a carry-on luggage allowance included with their ticket purchase. If your bag exceeds this amount, it will be transported as baggage, and passengers should pay any applicable fees.
- If the British Airways checked baggage allowance exceeds the allowance a traveler includes with their ticket, they will have to pay extra British Airways baggage charges. The amount is per bag each way.
- British Airways does not allow excess baggage to be split between multiple passengers.
- British Airways allows baggage with a maximum weight of 32 kg to be carried as checked luggage on their flights
British Airways Lost Baggage Policy
The airlines are proud to carry your luggage safely and speedily to their stopovers/final destinations. It can be distressing if you’d get your baggage lost or damaged during the trip, so make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. As per British Airways policy, they will provide you with your lost baggage usually in less than 7 hours after losing it.
British Airways is a global airline that lets you track your checked bags from the moment they leave the base in one hand and to the moment they are delivered to your house in another.
Report a missing bag – If you’re still at the airport, you need to report your baggage to a British Airways staff member by filling out a lost baggage form. If you’ve left the airport and want to report your luggage, go online. Get information on how to contact British Airways lost/damaged baggage contact number at . Passengers must report a lost/damaged bag within 8 days of the bag going missing.
Track your baggage via email and text. British Airways will send you a text or email with a lost luggage tracking number if your baggage under ever travels stateside.
Trace your lost baggage -British Airways has an airline’s best effort tracking some of the biggest airlines. With a British Airways baggage tracking number, you can access account information, claims filed, and the status of any undelivered or missing pieces.
- Check the status of the missing bag
- Add additional details when declaring your bag. Include size and weight. This helps the airline identify your luggage and make sure it’s safely on board the aircraft with you.
- Update your contact details and forwarding address
Report a damaged bag – If you’re still at the airport, show your baggage and ask the ‘damaged baggage claim British Airways’ counter for your suitcase. At the airport, if you’ve left, you can report your bags online or call British Airways baggage lost contact number at . Passengers must report a lost/damaged bag.
British Airways Baggage Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Contrary to what many assume, British Airways will not allow any checked bag over 32 kg. If your flight includes a baggage allowance that was not made clear, you’ll want to know you might be charged extra fees of 100 USD per overweight bag with each journey.
The British Airways Baggage Policy doesn’t include a limit to the number of bags you can check for medications or medical supplies. However, there is a limit on the baggage that needs to contain medication or contains medical supplies. You must have a letter from your doctor when you check-in at the airport, and each bag must be approved before it travels with you.
This is an example of how you can enjoy more airline allowances with BA, if you’re travelling with a connection on your journey. You can take advantage of years of industry knowledge in a short period of time, and do all your holiday shopping beforehand! Be sure to plan the perfect strategy for your travels with the airline.
When travelling with an infant, air travellers have a 23 kg checked baggage allowance regardless of the class of service and the fare type selected. Children and infants that are travelling with a seat have the same free baggage as adults.