You can still get your Austrian Airlines tickets this year. People who are looking to meet up with their friends or tour Switzerland with a buddy needn’t worry about how their trip will be affected.
The airline has created a comprehensive guide for travelers. It includes every detail from packing to advance purchase policies. Download this guide today and have the trip of your dreams!
Austrian Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy
We have created an easy Austrian Airlines cancellation policy. Our policy helps ensure you never have to worry about losing money because of missed connections, delays, or any time require refunds.
- Austrian Airlines provides flexibility in its policies. Its cancellation policy gives passengers full control and they can cancel any trip they book up to 24 hours after the purchase.
- If a passenger feels like cancelling their flight at the last minute, they would have to pay the full fare. This is important because some passengers might be uncancelling a ticket, and it would fill up their entire schedule all over again.
- Airline tickets must be purchased at least 7 days before the departure, and passengers are urged not to make changes to them at the last minute.
- Passengers who need to cancel their flight should avoid swapping the way to do so. This can be done by canceling the flight at the point of purchase because then there would be no trouble.
- Airlines have a policy in place for passengers who have made a mistake while booking a ticket. Those passengers can cancel one ticket and get the money from the airline back.
- There is no fee when you cancel your plans. Just make sure the airline has a policy in place that allows for refunds and contact them before cancelling to avoid any fees.
Austrian Airlines Cancellation 24 Hours
Austrian Airlines offers the guarantee of the 24 hour window for their passengers. The risk is eliminated and customers have peace of mind knowing they are protected.
- If you wish to cancel your flight, we give passengers a 24 hour cancellation window. If you cancel during this window, we will refund your travel expenses.
- Sometimes, late changes can be made on a confirmed booking. Depending on the fare type and its rules, you may be able to make the late changes with some fares. However, different fares have different policies when it comes to canceling services.
- If you book your tickets at least a week before your departure, you will get the standard cancellation window of 24 hours free on any type of ticket.
How To Cancel Austrian Airlines Flight?
Customers have a lot of options to cancel their ticket with the airline. Find more information here on how to do so.
Step By Step Guide To Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Ticket Online
Cancelling Your Austrian Airlines Flight Via A Call
If you are not willing to make the changes online, or you have no internet access, like many travelers, then you can call the Austrian Airline call center and make the changes. Here is a quick guide to help you cancel your ticket from anywhere in the world.
Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Flight Ticket At The Airport
If there was nothing convenient and you feel like you’ve tried everything, there is always the last option to walk down to the airport and cancel your ticket in an easy way.
Austrian Airline Cancellation Charges
Austrian air is a very budget-friendly airline with many flexible policies. The company takes care of their passengers and deserves to be taken care of in return. You will face legal consequences if you do not adhere to the cancellation policy that is put in place.
Cancellations during the summer season incur a penalty fee, as below-
- If you are cancelling your tickets a month before the departing date. The airline will provide you 100% of your money back without charging any cancellation fees.
- When you book your tickets and the airline cancels them 15 days before the departure, you would have to pay a 10% fine of the total airfare.
- If you cancel within a week of the event or on the second day, you will only pay 20% of the ticket price.
- If you cancel your flight on the same day or 1 day before departure, it would be excluded from the total amount. If you were cancelled for a no-show, you would not receive any refund from the airline.
- If you cancel your ticket, the airline charges a fee that is dependent on how many days early you cancelled. The other charges depend on fine print and cancellation terms so don’t forget to read them carefully before completing your reservation.
If we decide not to renew your contract, you will have a minimum of 30 days to get out-of your payments are the same if they are less or more than six months.
- If you cancel your tickets within a month of your departure date, you will be charged 10 percent with your fare by the airlines.
- If you cancel your tickets 20 days before the flight departs, you will have to pay 25 percent of the total fare including taxes.
- If you cancel your tickets to travel on the 19th day or 10 days before departure, we will ask for 50% of the total amount paid for the tickets.
- Tickets cancelled during the specified time period (from 9th to 4th day) will incur a cancellation fee of up to 65 percent of the ticket fare.
- If you cancel the ticket within 2 days before the departure date, you would have to pay only 50 per cent of the ticket amount.
- The airline imposes a 100 percent cancellation fee on all canceled tickets. Cancelling a ticket before the departure date means you will not get any refund.
Austrian Airlines Cancellation Compensation
Cancellation rules are difficult for both passengers and airlines. Austrian Airline policy makes it easier to get your money back in times of despair when the airline cancels a flight.
- If the airline cancels its flight more than 4 hours in advance, passengers have the option of choosing a full refund by visiting the website. This helps streamline the process and cut down on refunds.
- In case the connecting flight has been canceled due to the airline, passengers will have free accommodation and meals. They also get a needed supplies voucher.
- Airline customers who find themselves stranded abroad in the middle of nowhere will get home sooner with discounted hotel rooms and airfare.
- Passengers can get the money back if they get delayed on a long haul flight from Austria Airways. Attach the receipt and passengers should be getting the money in the mail or at Austrian Airlines customer service desk within 2 weeks.
- If the airline had to cancel a flight, or if the flight arrived at an earlier time due to some natural or unavoidable reason, they would not be able to refund passengers.
Austrian Airlines Refund Policy
Austrian Airlines has a laid-back refund policy, which allows travelers to cancel their tickets without any hesitation. Their policies cover refunds on tickets, as well as changes made to them up until the day of departure.
- A cancellation policy from Austrian Airlines states that you can get a full refund if you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of making the booking.
- If you have booked a round trip and are willing to cancel the ticket from one destination to another, your airline will refund you the amount for one way.
- There are factors that determine refund eligibility due to fare and booking conditions. The only exception is if the 24-hour clause has been met.
- If you paid with a credit card, your refund would be back in your account within 7 days. If you paid cash or check, wait for 20 days for the refund to show in your account.
- Requests for a refund can also be done online as well as offline. You need to fill out a form and attach proper documentation supporting the cancellation in order to receive a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions: Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy
Austrian Airlines allows ticket holders to cancel their flight without paying any charges by making sure they use the 24 hours rule. Their policy always asks passengers exactly what type of ticket they are holding and ensures that it’s not possible to dispense with a cheap ticket a la carte.
If your flight has been cancelled you have two options. You can either cancel your ticket right away and seek a full refund or the airline will provide another flight for you to take care of your travel plans on. If you purchased meal during a delay and/or cancellation, then please show proof of purchase to the airline and they’ll reimburse you for that food or accommodations.
Sure. You can surely change your flight ticket while travelling with Austrian Airlines. The change policy is the same as that of the airline’s cancellation policy. Make sure to make any changes within 24 hours if you do not want to pay for it. Non-refundable tickets are not allowed to go through any change, regardless of the free change window.
Refunds are based on the source of payment. If you have purchased a ticket, you would receive your refund from the airline within 20 days; if you have paid via cash or cheque, it can take up to 7 business days for your refund to arrive.
Yes. The airline is taking all the measures to promote a safer flight during this disastrous time. Frequent sanitization, social distancing and other procedures are being followed to keep the spread of flu at bay.