- Carry on one personal item of your choosing.
- 22 x 14 x 9 inches
- MAX 8 KG Weight
You can bring one small carry-on bag plus 1 personal item each as long as the carry-on bag fits comfortably in the sizer and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length width height).
The maximum dimensions can’t exceed anything, including the following measurements:
This is the size of this shoe.The length is 22 inches and the width is 14 inches. The shoe’s height is 9 inches.
See the total dimensions of each bag to find out the size limit. Check their high-tech luggage from companies like Bbags.
Check your carry-on roller board bag and duffle bag at the gate to ensure that it will fit in the overhead bin or under the seat. We recommend large backpacks or other personal items that don’t fit in the overhead bins or under the seats, but they must be checked even though they do not go in the cargo compartment on American Eagle planes.
There are specific rules for when you’re allowed to take carry-on items and how to pack them.
AMERICAN AIRLINES Personal Bag Rules
We explain what size your carryon bag should be. We make it clear how much space you need to place your personal item before take-off.
Personal items includes:
- Laptop bag
Items will be allowed beyond the requirements listed below, but are not eligible to do anything other than the things listed:
- Outerwear such as coats/wraps/hats
- Book or newspaper
- Small bag of food
- Car seat for children approved to be used with a lap or ticketed seat.
- Pillow or blanket
- Diaper bag for lap or ticketed child
- Duty free items
- We carry all sorts of medical devices. We offer wheelchairs, walkers, and other products that are designed for passengers in need.
AMERICAN AIRLINES (AA) Checked Luggage Policies
- Paid Checked Luggage Only. Starting from $30
- 62 in / 158 cm Total
- We provide options for all types of people. As a part of Fulin’s Pure Livestock, Economy cannot compete with Master Chen’s beef and other high value products.
American Airlines is one of the best airline companies for carrying luggage. Here are their baggage rules.
- There are limited limitations on how many bags we will allow. Please inquire if your travel includes Brazil, Caribbean Central America, Mexico, and South America.
- Our items are easy to pack since they measure anywhere from 62″ to 157 centimeters in size.
- Maximum weight: 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
AMERICAN AIRLINES (AA) Checked Luggage Fees
- We offer a variety of prices to the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. We have low prices for any bag you can imagine.
- The Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico: The first bag is $30.00 U.S. Dollars. The second bag is also $30.00 U.S. Dollars
First bag: Free
Second bag: Free
- If a customer buys bags for the first time, you’ll get their first bag for free. And if they buy two bags and bring their receipts with them, their second bag is also free.
- Visit Nordstrom.com to shop the latest styles and fashion. Visit Nordstrom to find your favorite brand-first bag for free with purchase of second bag or $100 coupon
First bag: Free
Second bag: Free
American Airlines (AA) Excess Baggage Fees
American Airlines (AA) allows passengers to pay excess checked baggage / hold luggage fees.
- We sell our goods globally, and we ship to many countries including Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands. We offer 29% discount for the Fourth Bag purchase when you buy the Third bag at this time.
- Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico: The third bag costs $150.00 US Dollars, the fourth costs $200.00 USD per bag
- The price of third bag in Brazil is $85.00 USD and the fourth bag is $85.00 USD per bag.
- A $100.00 USD travel bag, a $200.00 USD travel bag, and a gorgeous new travel bag costs $450.00 USD in total for two bags
- Transatlantic: Third bag: $200.00 Only! Forth bag : $200.00 USDFourth bag : $200.00 USD per bag
- Travelling from Japan, China and the Philippines to the United States of America.
Airlines like American Airlines that charge for overweight baggage will send you a confirmation email and a refund form.
AA charges the following for each extra pound or kilogram of weight that exceeds the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
- You’ll have your return shipment quickly, no matter the total weight.
- Let us know the weight range of your shipment and we will ship it to you with $200.00 USD extra per bag.
- Any bags exceeding 100 pounds or 46 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage or hold luggage.
American Airlines (AA) fee for oversize baggage?
If you plan on bringing a bag on your next flight with American Airlines, make sure to find out what you will have to pay!
- The cost of traveling to the Caribbean is $200, Mexico costs $200 and so do other countries that are within the United States.
- $150 – Brazil and Transatlantic.
American Airlines (AA) Sports equipment Fees
Airlines will let sports equipment be as big or bulky as they want, so sports equipment owners can subtract baggage fees from their total travel expenses by letting junk (sports) gear fly for free.
What are the American Airline Restricted Items?
You can see what items are prohibited because they may contain non-compliant materials according to specific national or international requirements.
Don’t forget to keep some spare batteries in your luggage before you leave, especially if you are traveling with electronic equipment that uses a lot of power.
Items that are marked with a green ‘W’ on the package are not dangerous to be around.
You must not transport dangerous or prohibited items in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage.
|CARRY-ON BAG||CHECKED BAGS|
|Pottery, Glass, or Wood|
|Printer and Toner Cartridges|
(16 oz or greater, to/from Canada)
|Internal Combustion Engines (Outboard motors, chainsaws, generators, gas powered weed eaters)|
|Liquids, Gels, or Aerosols (Purchased Beyond the Security Checkpoints)|
|Liquids, Gels, or Aerosols (3.4 oz. (100ml) or Less packed per TSA regulations)|
|Liquids, Gels, or Aerosols (More than 3.4 oz. (100ml) and/or not packed per TSA regulations)|
|Alcohol (More than 3.4 oz.)||Restrictions|
(containing camp stoves with the residue of flammable liquid, camp fuel cylinders, strike-anywhere matches, insect sprays, propane heaters, etc.)
(Fireworks, gunpowder, signal flares, sparklers, or other explosives)
|Flammable Liquids or Solids|
(Fuel, paints, lighter refills, strike anywhere matches, Sterno, self-heating meals such as MREs)
(Drain cleaners, solvents, other caustic or corrosive solids or liquids)
|Lithium Batteries (Checked bags may only contain batteries installed in electronic devices)|
|Matches/Lighters (One book of safety matches or one common lighter)|
|Other Hazardous Materials|
(Gasoline-powered tools, wet-cell batteries, radioactive materials, poisons, infectious substances)
|Personal Air Purifiers|
(containing hazardous, oxidizing or reactive materials.)
(Knives, cutting instruments – including carpet knives, box cutters, folding or retractable blades, with a cutting edge of more than four inches, pliers larger than seven inches)
(Firearms, ammunition, mace, tear-gas, or pepper spray)
Normally, TSA would allow certain items when they’re on a short-term basis, however, because much has changed in the last few weeks, this time around passengers may not know what is and isn’t allowed. Larger knives will remain banned.
Extra AA Baggage Travel Information
Strollers must be checked at the ticket counter. They cannot weigh more than 20 lbs., be non-collapsible, nor can they be larger in size than standard size carry-on luggage.
Customers with their pets travelling as checked baggage are required to present a relevant health certificate.
Check the baggage cutoff time before you try to check your bag. Check in with a travel agency if necessary, understand each process for checking your bags and other airline-related issues and make sure to know what security checkpoint you should go through.
Note that more than one bag charge may be applied to a single person. For example, an overweight second bag would incur two charges, a checked bag charge and an overweight bag charge. Overweight bags are charged as extra if it is also large in size.
Attention First and Business Class Customers
American and British Airways offer first and business class passengers the ability to check three bags at no charge. Iberia offers first class customers and subscribers the same generous checked bag allowance.
American Airlines Baggage Tips
- Know all the rules and regulations that come with American Airlines before you fly your chance.
- Consider outsourcing the need for your travelling bag by renting or borrowing someone else’s. By doing this, you are reducing the common travels mistakes that can be incurred due to having an overly full carry-on and reducing baggage fees.
- Pack light and consider using a compression device. A compression device can make it easier to pack your clothes into a smaller space which can fit all of the items you need.
- Frequent travelers may check their bags for free. Joining an AAdvantage or AA privileges program may mean that you pay less based on your loyalty status.
- Protect your clothes throughout their journey by packing compression items, like socks and underwear, to help avoid an awkward feeling when taking off clothes in a new city.
AA Carry on Summary
More Baggage Allowance info from AA
- More Information from AA.com
- TSA.gov Rules
- TSA liquids rule