The airline is the ninth-largest airline for the United States of America. It was founded in 1996 and has grown a lot since then. It now offers flights to more than 120 destinations, including destinations such as Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Myrtle Beach and many other popular destinations.
The airline is known for its low-cost fares and top-notch service. It’s the perfect way to enjoy some leisure travels in one of the most fun countries. Low fares are on offer for passengers looking for a relaxing vacation, or sometimes just a cheap holiday. The comfy seats and lip-smacking appetizers leave no one disappointed!
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
If you decide to take your luggage as checked-in baggage, keep in mind that you are not allowed to carry a personal item in addition. You will also count on Allegiant Airlines to make your trip hassle-free, wherever you may be flying from.
Alleperial Airline’s checked-in luggage is not free for passengers. Allegiant Airlines passengers who buy their tickets can transport up to 4 bags per ticket. The maximum weight of each bag or piece of freight baggage the passenger is allowed to transport on any one flight is 18 kilogrammes. If the goods deemed too heavy by Adollarairline’e size exceed the allowed weight, additional delivery fees will be collected and charged.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Size Requirement
According to Allegiant Airlines, every passenger can carry one personal item (for free), one carry-on baggage that has to fit right above the seat in the overhead space or in front of the seats and one checked-in luggage that has to be paid for. Airlines baggage measurement are as follows.
- You can carry any personal item absolutely for free. The airport’s rules say anything over 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimeters is too large, so the item will slide into a compartment under your seat, regardless of whether it isn’t in a plastic bag or with other items.
- When checking your baggage you will have to decide whether you want it to be stored below the seating space, above the seating space, or in the hold. The size of your baggage is limited and what’s yours is yours, so there are different rules for each area.
- If you want to deliver checked-in baggage when flying, most airlines require you to pay. The maximum limitation is 4 bags per person, the maximum size is 80 linear inches (203 centimeters) in height width length. You might be charged if your bag is over that limit.
- They cannot carry any additional luxury items in the name of their infants, but a diaper, baby food, or any such item would be admissible as long it is not carried in one’s hand-held luggage.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Weight
It differs from passengers to passengers, some passengers might be allowed to bring up to 4 checked bags (depending on the airline), one personal item that does not count as a bag, and one carry-on bag. Usually, the weight of each checked-in luggage is limited.
Carry-on and personal items that a passenger is carrying can not exceed 22 pounds or 10 kg; there is no certain weight limit for the carry-ons, although Allegiant Airline’s baggage measurements must be considered before taking the flight.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Fees
There are different baggage fees depending on the route of travel. Checking the baggage fee at the time of booking your ticket will ensure you get the best price possible. If you’re booking via an agent, make sure to ask them how much it will cost for your bags.
Allegiant Airlines baggage fees are as follows-
- If you book your carry-on luggage ahead of time, it will be cheaper than if you wait until you arrive at the airport to find it.
- Passengers are charged according to what they book at the airport. Sometimes it is 50 USD up to 75 USD per piece of carry-on luggage during the time of flight.
- Large fees for your carry-on luggage are up to $50. To avoid an unwanted surprise at the airport, be sure to also include a small carry-on bag of your own.
- Business travelers will be charged a carry-on baggage fee of 14 USD or 39 USD depending on the offers they decide to take.
- We’ll try to make the first checked piece of luggage weigh no more than 40 lb. We charge 20 USD for all luggage up to 50 lbs and then it’s around 25 USD for any baggage that weighs more than 50 lbs.
- All checked-in baggage will cost the same amount because all bags are being charged for the most restrictive fare.
- You need to pay approximately $75 USD if you are checking in third baggage and it carries overweight charges.
- You are charged for baggage that weighs more than the standard limits. Checked-in baggage weighing anywhere between 41 and 70 pounds will cost between 50-100 USD, depending on what was originally paid for the bag.
- Please note that if the checked-in baggage exceeds its weight limit and weighs somewhere between 70-100 lbs, you will have to pay more than 75 USD for it. The original fees for checked-in baggage will also apply.
- If the checked-in baggage exceeds its dimensions and the weight limit, you will be charged extra for it. Not to mention, it’ll cost you 50 USD to transport your original bag!
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Rules
The airline provides a baggage policy which is quite simple. You just have to follow the guidelines of the airline if you want to avoid any hustle bag fees at the last minute.
- Airline allows you to carry on one personal item without extra charges. If you are pre-booking your luggage, they will charge less. If you attempt to book it directly at an airport, the charges would significantly increase.
- The personal item you are flying the airline with should never exceed the dimension limit. Not following this rule might cause the airline to charge you for your carry-on bag.
- Overhead luggage that falls under the weight limit is charged. If your bag is overweight or is too big, there will be a fee per pound. Generally, duffel bags don’t count as wheel-less bags.”
- On-board checked bags will allow you to bring up to 4 bags but they has to be a carry-on bag or a personal item.
- You will not be able to take any electronic device containing lithium-ion, like laptops, electronic cigarettes, games, cell phones, calculators, and batteries on the plane with you without checking it in your luggage.
- You can carry up to 70 ounces of medications in your baggage. However, you cannot have any medication that is excess in your checked-in bag because otherwise Allegiant Airlines will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- At Allegiant Airlines, it is not possible to bring firework items on the flight. Children use service animals or strollers on the airlines for free.
- You can carry your sporting equipment on a plane so you don’t have to buy it in the airport. If your sports equipment exceeds the size of what you can carry into the cabin, check it in like a regular piece of luggage.
Rules for Bringing Pets In Allegiant Airlines
For those traveling with pets, their little friends are welcomed wholeheartedly on Allegiant Air! All pet owners must ensure there animals have pet gear (caged) and they will also be brought onboard. However, passengers who are traveling internationally can’t bring their own pet because air travel is prohibited but not for those flying domestically. Here are some notes that could have been sent if the writer was in charge of communications about this airline.
- Airlines only allow cats, dogs, or other small pets on their flights. You will want to ensure your pet is in a soft-sided carrier that won’t leak.
- Please make sure the dimensions of the carrier do not exceed 9″ x 16″ x 19″, otherwise it may not fit in your bag.
- You are not allowed to bring more than 1 pet carrier per passenger. The airline demands passengers to pay a fee of 50 USD in order to enter the plane with their furry friends.
- The desired characteristics for our animals include at least 8 weeks of age, no exposure to harmful substances, non-dog and non-cat presence, and lack of any physical stress.
- Always remember to buy a comfortable carrier before flying with your pet. The airline doesn’t take accountability for the health of your pet, so you’re going to want to find some way of keeping them comfy throughout the flight.
Rules for Carrying Alcohol in Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines allows passengers to carry certain alcohol beverages during travel. The rules for carrying liquor in the bags vary, but it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the policy before flying
- Unless the packages of alcohol come from a bar, or spirits department in or near liquor stores, the percentage of alcohol must not exceed 70% of the volume on the package or 140 units of alcohol.
- Every alcoholic beverage undergoes strict screening. Alcohol must not have exceeded 3.4 oz and can be taken in carry-on baggage if it is smaller than that. If alcohol exceeds this amount, they must be sent through the checked-in luggage however, the passengers will not be charged any extra fees for this.
- In order for passengers to carry alcohol on a plane, each passenger can only carry up 5! The FAA does not allow flight so that the ingredient can have access, so the consequences will ensue.
Whenever you fly using an airline as convenient as Allegiant Airlines, there are certain benefits to travelling with them. This includes their exclusive baggage policy and easy cancellation policy that can help save you time and money should things go wrong.
Allegiant Airlines provides a seamless travel booking process. You can book trips directly from the airport, through their official website or third party agents like Expedia .
Frequently Asked Questions – Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Passenger must book their flights in advance during the peak season. It might be difficult to get your ticket for that particular day on the website like https://www.allegiantair.com/. They can visit the airport to find out more about getting their tickets direct from the airline when they arrive in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Yes, Allegiant Airlines honors the proud team of their nation and offers military discounts for passengers. In addition to this, passengers get a lot of leverage if they are in the military. They’ll be able to take advantage of free baggage limits on flights and even have their boarding passes printed whenever they arrive at their destination.
Yes. According to the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, a passenger will be allowed 1 free personal item. They offer paid and unchecked luggage if they wish to purchase additional suitcase/bags, up to 4 per passenger.
Allegiant Airlines charges passengers broken into two categories: those booking the luggage at the time of travel and those who simply show up to book their luggage. Those paying for their luggage pre-flight will likely have lower rates than those who come in to pick up their bags at the airport.