India is a country with many flights to many cities in the world. A good way to board a flight is to use Air India, which has high-quality service and is amazing value for money.
Let Air India transport your baggage. We have a fixed policy for bags that you can follow to ensure safe travel. If necessary, our policy allows people to take a basic carry-on bag or even one checked bag onto the plane with them but at a cost.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Air India has an allocation of carry-on baggage for each seat class. If you bought a Business Class ticket, your carry-on allowance is longer than if you purchased an Economy Class ticket.
|Class||Number of bags||Weight||Dimensions|
|Economy||1 piece||8 kg free of charge||55cm x 35cm x 35xm or a total dimensions of 115 cm.|
|Business||1 piece||12 kg free of charge||55cm x 35cm x 35xm or a total dimensions of 115 cm.|
If you are flying a commercial flight, you must adhere to the version of policy listed above. For Alliance air operated flights, there are exceptions if you are taking those travels.
- To minimize the risks of your luggage being overcharged, please keep the weight allowance to 5 kg on board.
- Our maximum dimension per square metre is 40cm x 15cm, so the dimension in each corner can be anywhere from 1.61 to 3.81 metres and the total size cannot exceed 3000 square metres.
- Children are entitled to the same standard rules that adults fly with, whether they be large bags or carry-ons.
You are also entitled to carry small hand baggage or laptop bag which could include all your daily necessities and documents or laptop you need in your journey. You might have crutches and wheelchairs, so bring them if necessary.
Checked-in Baggage allowance
If you purchase a domestic ticket, Air India acts as your airline of choice. They follow the regulations specific to its domestic routes and you can clearly see what are the restrictions for different types of tickets for an easy and compliant trip.
Our regulations for domestic flights are noted below. You can bring what you need with you, as long as it doesn’t exceed the weight limits and size restrictions.
|Economy||The total dimension must not exceed 273 cm||25 kg|
|Business||Each piece cannot exceed 158 cm.||35 kg|
|First||Each piece cannot exceed 158 cm.||40 kg|
International flight baggage allowances depend on the route that you will be taking, as well as the ticket classes. The same dimensions of the domestic ones are applied to international flights. These speculations are drawn in the table below:
|From||Economy(max 2 bags)||Business/First(max 3 bags)|
|India||30 kg||40 kg|
|Riyadh||40 kg||50 kg|
|Dammam||40 kg||50 kg|
|Bahrain||30 kg||40 kg|
|Singapore||30 kg||40 kg|
|30 kg||40 kg|
|Sydney/ Melbourne||30 kg||40 kg|
|46 kg||69 kg|
|46 kg(each bag must not exceed 23 kg)(maximum 2 bags)||69 kg(each bag must not exceed 23 kg)|
|Kozhikode||40 kg||50 kg|
|46 kg (each bag must not exceed 23 kg)||69 kg(each bag must not exceed 23 kg)|
|40 kg||50 kg|
We will match our baggage allowance UP to the ticket price. If a visitor has a child with them they can choose to add 10 kgs of weight or one (1) stroller, buggy or child car seat. They can NEVER take more than their confirmed total allowance or any other type of transportation.
Excess Baggage Fee
For domestic flights, for every kilogram of excess baggage, you will be charged a tax of 27 SAR or 600 in local currency with GST per 1 Kg. The charge for international flights depends on the route that you will take and is reported in the table below. All currencies are in USD
|From/to||India||Band 1||Band 2||Band 3|
There are four routes available for when traveling to India. The first is establishing a stop in a band 1 country (Bangladesh, Myanmar, Afghanistan, and Nepal). The second involves a stop in East Asia or South Africa. Bands 3, 4, and 5 involve flights to New Zealand, Australia, or Southern California. Hong Kong or Japan is considered Band 4 if traveling from other locations outside of India. Flights from any countries not involved in the first route are within Band 5
The airline allows you to bring your sports gear free of charge so long as it’s less than 6 kg. You’ll be charged extra for anything that weighs more than 6 tons before it gets capped at 15 tons. After this, the airlines won’t let you take your sports gear with you.
In addition, if you want to carry others small firearms you will have the right licensing to carry them and declare them when you are going to check them in. You are only allowed to take 50 cartridges with you and must make a handling charge of INR 5,000 per firearm.
Pleas note that you are not allowed to take liquids other than water when you are flying with Air India. In addition, there are some items that have been restricted in accordance to the airport rules. These items are restricted in your checked-in baggage and carry-on bags.
- Objects that can be easily pierced with a sharp or pointy edge.
- Common chemicals that can lead to irreversible damage to the body include pesticides, shampoos, detergents and other similar substances.
- Your bag will only be able to carry a certain amount of weight and you must put everything else in your pocket or purse.
- Without suggesting that tasers and batons are bad devices solely focused on hurting people, the sentence can be targeted for an SEO benefit.
- Any drugs or medicine where your need isn’t needed must be called back. Rather than risk accidents, doctors and other medical care professionals recommend that you not take it.
- Many types of electric motorized devices are available to personal shoppers, such as hoverboards and e-bikes. They come in many sizes and shapes.
- Gloves are generally not allowed. Furthermore, liquids, no matter what form it takes, cannot be carried on your person.
- We sell delicate items like jewelry, glassware and antiques. We insure each piece so that you know that it will arrive safely.
- Radioactive or oxidizing materials.
- Our pharmacy can show you how to get the right prescription. It is easy to get the medicine or prescription that you need.
- Firearms and weaponry are only allowed to people with the appropriate licenses. The packaging rules also specify how these items must be transported in order to be done so.
What is the excess Baggage fee?
The excess baggage fee for domestic flights is INR 600 in India but different in other countries. There are also some airline-specific coupons that can give passengers a discount on their weight.
Is there a discount if you decide to pay for your excess baggage in advance?
You are eligible to receive a 50% discount from the airline authorities. If you pre-book your excess baggage, you’ll save money on your flight.
What is the cabin baggage allowance for first-class riders?
Mileage Awards are a measure of the amount of miles one travels during their trip. First-class and business class riders will be awarded 10% more miles than their coach class counterparts.
What sort f laptops can you not take along in your carry-on?
On average, the risk of overheating issues have become increasingly unlikely for the technology industry due to progressions in materials and related protective measures.
More Related Articles: