We are an airline luggage allowance guide. It can be disconcerting to find out what your baggage is and how much it will cost to check it. AirfareCompare clears up any confusion.
- 1 FREE Hand Baggage
- 1 FREE personal item
- Jeannie’s design is found in merchandising her line at several shops around the world.
- MAX 10 KG Weight
Air Canada allows passengers to place one extra bag in their luggage due to the weight of their carry on items.
- Package your belongings – transportation bags are now easier than ever with distinctive and creative packaging options.
- Laptop computer,
- Supplies like a cat, a small dog can be brought along in its carrier.
- Travelers who find what they are looking for can shop at the airport before departing on their flights, and those who want to look fashionable and trendy can purchase before they even get to the airport.
- Sport racquet
- Camera bag,
- Garment bag
- Musical instrument.
Fiercely competitive ticket prices along with free seat upgrades and a generous onboard personal allowance give customers what they need.
Other items you can bring on board can include your carry-on allowance. Here are examples of items you can bring on but not be over the limit:
- Get your coat or another outer garment,
- We have a small, convenient purse. It’s about 10 inches by 5 and a half inches by 2 and a quarter inches. This is the maximum size that it can fit in your hand luggage allowance, but larger purses like these will still be allowed.
- Limit the size of your purses to your carry-on allowance.
- Diaper bags or baby essentials are items that are used to carry items for babies and children.
- Child restraint device
- Your phone can be used for many different purposes such as for music and games.
- Only food purchased on the flight is permitted on board. All passengers are required to wrap or place their own food in a container before passing through security. Alcoholic beverages must be purchased from outside of the airport after passing security. Opened containers may not be brought aboard.
- Food must be wrapped in a container to avoid contamination.
- The beverage of your choice may not be consumed on the plane.
- After you pass the checkpoint, always purchase liquids because then, it will be easier to check your bag into the aircraft.
- You’ll be able to bring more bags without any additional fees with your carry-on allowance.
- No food should be left on the ground. It has a negative impact on the environment and is unsafe for those trying to stay balanced.
- You can’t bring your own alcoholic beverages into the bar and consume them during your stay.
- Never purchase liquids through the checkpoint. They’ve been known to find things that should not have ever been in your possession.
Air Canada offers a check-in luggage option. It matches the amount of bags you can bring on board with the approximate limits allowed.
We provide our valued customers with a free checked baggage bag on their first flight
MAX Total Size 158CM
MAX 32 KG Weight
You can find out a lot about the fees associated with your baggage before you leave for Air Canada, as well as determining your potential free checked baggage allowance.
Flying with a personal item from AIR CANADA? More information, such as what the additional charge will be, has been provided.
- There is important information about the size of Air Canada Carry on luggage that you can find atAirCanada.com
- CATSA website
Spending money on a trip can make it even more special. Here are some items you can bring with you in your carry-on bag at all times.
- Mobility aid
- Containers that carry the things we need to live have been used for thousands of years.
- To ensure that the medication is not tampered with, medication should in its original labeled container.
- Monitors that are battery-powered and small devices used to take Oxygen in a hospital environment
- Cremated remains
- Kid-safe and durable needles for use in medical procedures
CARRY ON BAGGAGE SECURITY THAT PROTECTS YOUR BELONGINGS AMOUNT OF AIR CANADA
We take electronics, aerosols and containers over 3.4 ounces more than 100 milliliters (mL) per 100 grams (g) that are placed in your carry-on bag. We would love to make room for everyone’s traveling essentials!
Airlines recommend that passengers not purchase alcohol or gels in containers over 100 mL/100 grams (3.4 oz) within the secured area at the airport or on board the aircraft if they don’t have an air travel permit (i.e., a valid passport).
- allow customers to stop by their checked baggage anytime during their trip between flights
- They have a space in their checked luggage to pack their duty-free purchases, while they recheck their bags for the next flight.
To learn more about which liquids, gels and other items are prohibited from carry-on baggage, please visit CATSA’s website.
AIR CANADA Prohibited items
Sharp objects such as knives or corks are used to puncture or cut (another) object.
- Razor blades and straight razors.
- Sharp-tipped scissors
- Box cutters
- Knives of any length
- DIY TOOLS
- Ammunition and firearms.
- Fuel, lighters
Air travel from Canada is still allowed as devices are currently allowed.
These devices have been banned on all flights in order to improve the safety of the aircraft and its occupants.
- Wireless mouse
- Bluetooth headsets
- Radio transmitters
- RC equipment or toys, there are many fun and exciting things that come in all shapes and sizes.
- Computer peripheral devices are printed by different types of printers.
- Laser pointers
The efficiency of carrying with Air Canada is the use of many different sizes and style to accommodate more and more people.
Air Canada offers easy way to check in your baggage without ending up with lots of fees and lost luggage.
- Certain electronic devices, such as mobile phones, which are permitted on board with only restricted use.
- Mobile Phones & Tablets
- Entertainment devices for people in the market for new products. We have everything from MP3 players to portable games to radio receivers .
- Airlines prohibit the use of USB port on laptop computers during flights, to prevent any unwanted emergencies such as electrical surges.
- Electric shavers
- Mobile Phones & Tablets
- We make the most options for entertainment that fits any budget. Our technology allows for many features and functions including streaming music, movies, and more!
- Laptops are prohibited during flight. They are the only devices allowed on planes. The mouse and memory stick outlined in the regulation are the only ones that can be used.
- Electric shavers
Security personnel may ask passengers to go through the security check with their electronic devices on, so they can be properly scanned.
Accepted items when traveling by air can be checked in 23half the size of your passport on flights.
- One passenger gets enough matches for their book.
- Butane (Bic-type) lighters.
- Ice skates, skateboards
- Scissors have tips that are sharper than many other types and have blades measuring 6 centimeters in length.
- A six-centimeter tool with a head at the end and a shaft that is shaped like an hourglass.
- Tools of any size
- Restraining devices
- Electronic cigarettes
Kids and adults alike can find a wonderful selection of pet products and other items for themselves, kids and their families – all at prices that fit just about every budget.
Car seats and strollers are necessary when travelling with children. View the Travelling with infant/child page for details on transporting these items and others.
For animal comfort and safety, we require cats and small dogs to be in carriers during flights. Keep further arrangements in mind before you travel with your pet. For information on our Pets in the cabin policy, read our Pets rules page.
We can carry-on all types of musical instruments, except if they exceed size limits and weight restrictions per International Air Transport Association (IATA) guidelines.
You can store your wedding dress in the overhead bin provided it is within the carry-on baggage size restrictions. The dress should be stored in a garment bag and should be folded in half to reduce wrinkles.
Air Canada became a stronger company after the air tragedy.
If there is anything lost or forgotten during a flight with Air Canada or in an Air Canada area, they are not responsible.
Call Air Canada’s Lost and Found department and find a lost item that you might have accidentally left behind.
- Contact Air Canada if you are travelling internationally or if you call central baggage office for international travellling.
Air Canada Damaged Baggage
In the instance that the baggage of an airline is damaged, it will often need to be replaced and the airline stations can help you with this. You should contact them when in doubt.
Air Canada presents photographs or wreckage data of the baggage and baggage tags in a case if damage occurs. They will also ask for photos to verify the incident when they receive your claim.
Air Canada has a wide range of different baggage restrictions for goers traveling to or from Canada and abroad.
If you are flying between the United States and Canada, these prices show you the best rates for checking luggage.
- FIRST BAG $25
- SECOND BAG $35
- THIRD+ BAG $100
- OVERWEIGHT $75
- OVERSIZED $75
Air Canada has more information on their website about your excess baggage.
Our baggage allowance tip sheet includes all the info that you need to go through the process smoothly.
- Buy lightweight luggage to save the trouble of checking bags when your flight is delayed or you have unexpectedly need to travel.
- To make sure that you don’t get charged an excess baggage fee, weigh your luggage before you fly with Air Canada.
- Minimize your baggage by rolling your clothes into travel garments.
Put these items of personal property in Baggage Claim so that they may be transported to your final destination at no additional charge:
- Liquids and gels of 100 millilitres or more
- Liquids that are flammable or dangerous, such as oil based paints or lighter fluid
- Objects that are sharp, such as knives
- Bear spray is an item used in self-defense that has been proven to effectively ward off an attack when all else fails.
- Where to find fireworks. There are a variety of materials that are explosive and are meant for celebrations in the United States.
- Chemicals, such as bleach
Air Canada Baggage FAQs
Canadians flying on Air Canada can now handle additional bags without fees as an AIR CANADA Hand Baggage Allowance.
1 FREE Hand Baggage, Max Size: 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm. With our sleek website and easy to use features, it is very easy to compare different sets of luggage before you buy!
AIR CANADA allows you to share your baggage allowance with someone as an individual can only have one.
You get a checked baggage bag for the first time, with a size 158cm by 128cm, and up to 32kg of weight.
Air Canada charges fees for exceeding the weight, size and number of pieces that you can carry with your tickets.
Our first bag is $25; our second bag is $35 and our third bag is $100. Overweight pricing begins at $75, oversized bags are also available at a lower price.
Get the latest information on your baggage allowance with AIR CANADA Baggage Allowances.
- Air Canada Carry On Size Information is handy to have. You will find a complete list of all the dimensions for one airline’s carry-on luggage at AirCanada.com.
- CATSA website