Find out if you can take your own baggage when flying with Air Arabia. If it’s not free, you’ll need to be aware of their baggage restrictions and allowances.
Air Arabia doesn’t place any limits on their baggage allowances. They are generous about allowing you to bring on a carry-on for your trip and the dimensions of such a carry-on should not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (22in x 16in x 8in). The bag would include all the extra pockets, wheels and handles needed so you can easily travel with this piece.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
We have the same complimentary carry-on allowances for all levels of seating on Air Arabia. We offer information about our competition’s on-board baggage regulations below.
- The total dimensions of the standard bag must not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. These dimensions also include handles and other parts that are a part of the baggage.
- No bag that is 10 kg in weight or bigger can be carried on Southwest Airlines.
- However, when you check-in you are also allowed to take a small handbag or laptop bag with important documents, laptop, or baby food if needed.
- Please note that liquids exceeding 100 ml of bottle size will not be allowed to enter the country as carry-ons. Please pack liquids in a zipper bag if you must bring them with you.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Air Arabia doesn’t have a number restriction on the amount of baggage that you can take with you. Every passenger is eligible to take along 20 kg weight worth of bags with them to be checked-in. In addition, the total dimension of each bag must not exceed 160 cm. This applies to all passengers of all seating classes.
As a passenger travelling between Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, we have been given a complimentary 30 kg weighing bag alongside our 20 kg allowance. If however you are flying Business or First class, then an upgrade to 40 kilograms can be yours.
Rules for Minors
If you have a minor with you who is under 3, no baggage is allowed because they are too young. If the child is above 3 but below 6, only a single standard carry-on bag is allocated under their name. A regular baggage allowance will be given for children who are over 6 years old.
Excess Baggage Fee
If you are travelling in or through a country that does not allow oversized luggage, you can contact the airline authority to see if you are eligible for a 90% discount.
You can contact the company and tell them how much weight you want a tag or which route you are taking. The price will differ over the route you plan to take.
- 20kg at AED30 per passenger one way.
- 30kg at AED100 per passenger one way.
- 40kg at AED180 per passenger one way.
Make sure that none of the extra baggage weighs more than 32 kg. Do not let any of it exceed a total weight of 160 lbs.
You should note that Arabia does not allow other kinds of liquids to be transported with you during your flight. Additionally, certain banned materials and items are restricted for passengers according to the airport’s rules. These materials will be restricted for your checked-in luggage and carry-on bags.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted inside. We do not allow knives, umbrella’s, scissors, or any other sharp or pointy objects
- Chemicals, pesticides, and other poisonous materials like shampoo, detergent, and hairspray are among the substances that cause most property damage and industrial injury
- A complete list of items cannot be in your bags or on you person. There are stipulations that have to be met to bring in fire-related items.
- Stun weapons are one way of protecting yourself and others. These can be used to stop threats, incapacitate people and even cause harm to the human body.
- Drug or medicine without a prescription is illegal. This law applies across the board for medicine, drugs, synthetic and natural substances.
- We carry a wide range of electronics that can help improve the lives of people with disabilities, some blended with other devices.
- You are not permitted to carry any fruits into the stadium with you. It can take the form of a liquid only in accordance with stadium policies.
- People should take care to be careful with delicate items such as jewelry and glassware. They could break easily on the least contact.
- Radioactive or oxidizing materials.
- Many prescription medications are very expensive. If you’re not careful and do not have the prescription, you may have to pay for a drug that you don’t need.
Other Special Items
The airline will transport sporting and musical devices in the same way as the checked baggage as long as they meet the required size and weight restrictions.
If the special equipment that you are taking with you exceeds or does not meet the policy of the checked bags, you can check them at the cargo service. The types of products that are carried by the airline cargo transportation service include:
- Sport equipment
- Musical equipment
- Medical equipment
- Stroller, buggy, etc.
- Human remains
- Post box mail.
- Company materiel.
- You should never mix electric and non-electric devices. If your bike has a motor, then remove the battery completely from the device to avoid any unwanted accidents that could hurt someone.
If a parcel is not accepted by the cargo company, it is returned to the sender.
- Pets and live animals.
- Meat raw or cooked.
- Liquid items.
You have a pet and you’re flying with them on Air Arabia. It won’t make any difference if you do or not. There is one exception: Some airlines allow sturgeon on their flights but we don’t so for Falcon Transportation purposes only, seem like this airline isn’t the best option.
- To book, please contact us 48 hours before your match and we’ll set up a reservation for you.
- If you choose checked baggage and it exceeds the weight limitations by more than two bags, then you’ll be charged a fee according to the rate that other excess checked baggage would cost.
- If a passenger is in bad health or has an issue at the time of booking, then they usually store towards the back of the plane.
- A falcon handler needs to either pay extra for each additional bird, or book extra seats for their party.
- A maximum of two falcons will be allowed. If you want to take one, you can only select one seat.
What to do if you lose an item from your baggage?
If you lose an item from your carry-on contact the air hostesses because it’s not like when you would if it was from a checked baggage. Contact the lost and found department within 48 hours if you discover something has gone missing from your checked luggage.
What is the complimentary baggage weight allocated for check-in?
Carrying a weight of 20 kg is allowed free of charge for all passengers in every route other than from Egypt to UAE. In that case, the weight of the additional person’s bags is increased.