Established in 1968 Air Jamaica is the national airline of Jamaica providing services for travelers from Kingston to more than 20 destinations in the USA, UK. The Jamaican government was a major shareholder in the airline during the early days while Air Canada also had minor shares helping technically and logistically. Norman Manley International Airport and Sangster International Airport are the main bases from where Air Jamaica operates to other parts.
Services Air Jamaica operates the following services (at September 2005):
- Direct Domestic Scheduled Destinations : Kingston, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.
- Direct International Scheduled Destinations : Atlanta, Baltimore, Bridgetown, Barbados, Boston, Bonaire, Chicago, Willemstad-Hato, Cura?ao, Fort Lauderdale, Georgetown, Cayman Isl., Grenada, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Nassau, Newark, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Hewanorra, St. Lucia and Toronto.
Air Jamaica provides more non-stop flights from its North American gateways to the Caribbean compared to any other carrier serving the region. In addition to it airline also offers scheduled service with more than 350 direct flights per week. Air Jamaica extend its access to over 150 cities within the Continental U.S with its codeshare agreement with Delta Air Lines and joint fare arrangements and compatible schedules with United, and other U.S. carriers.
Air Jamaica customer service :
Their main focus Over the years is Excellence service to its customer they are totally customer-friendly carrier. Their main motto is to be the best airline, not only in the region but also in the world.
Features of Air jamaica airlines :
- Fully computerized Reservations Centre in Jamaica with links to most major reservations systems worldwide.
- Courteous and knowledgeable staff at the Reservations Centre.
- Air Jamaica Vacations and Air Jamaica Holidays will advise you of the best travel options available,
- Air Jamaica continues to take the hassle out of travel for its customers.
- e-services allowing passengers to make reservations and purchase their tickets on-line or over the phone without leaving the comfort of their home or office.
- Express check-in for those passengers traveling without bags
- Hotel check-in at the major hotels in Jamaica.
- Get a boarding pass, a seat assignment and pay their departure tax right at their hotel.
Fleet: The Air Jamaica fleet consists of the following aircraft (at July 2005):
- 8 Airbus A320-200
- 6 Airbus A321-200
- 2 Airbus A340-300